• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two Options for Tackle Depth that might be better than Amini

trueblade

Two practice squad players. They wouldn't cost the Panther's anything more than a roster spot and a minimum non guaranteed salary.

Roderick Johnson: 2017 5th round pick, currently on the Texans practice squad.

Storm Norton: Norton initially signed with the Detroit Lions after going undrafted out of Toledo in 2017. He spent some time on the Lions’ practice squad, as well as the practice squad of the Arizona Cardinals before signing with Minnesota in December. He is now on their practice squad.

Are they better than Amini? I have no clue. It's not a super high bar to hit.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rod Johnson...How did that guy survive high school?

David Newton says Silatolu will likely get the start at right tackle.

Because he was probably an ogre in high school. Also, I simply can't trust David Newton so I'll wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rod Johnson...How did that guy survive high school?

David Newton says Silatolu will likely get the start at right tackle.

i have always been optimistic but we will never survive.  Ron will ride this guy to his demise.  Sadly we will lose Turner in the process.  He is the best thing to happen to Cam and will be blamed for Rivera's man crush on Silatolu.

What choice does he have except he's a vet and knows the line calls? Moton was suppose to be the swing tackle this year. He's now #1. Maybe Corey Robinson isn't getting in done in practice or picking up the line calls yet? It's not like we have a ton of choices but now Kahlil is needed to come back so Moton could move over. Hate to say it but that might be the best option and it's hang on till then.

39 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Two practice squad players. They wouldn't cost the Panther's anything more than a roster spot and a minimum non guaranteed salary.

Roderick Johnson: 2017 5th round pick, currently on the Texans practice squad.

Storm Norton: Norton initially signed with the Detroit Lions after going undrafted out of Toledo in 2017. He spent some time on the Lions’ practice squad, as well as the practice squad of the Arizona Cardinals before signing with Minnesota in December. He is now on their practice squad.

Are they better than Amini? I have no clue. It's not a super high bar to hit.

One of us could probably block better than Amini. He literally highlighted himself on several screw ups. Good job on the research.

22 minutes ago, musicman said:

What choice does he have except he's a vet and knows the line calls? Moton was suppose to be the swing tackle this year. He's now #1. Maybe Corey Robinson isn't getting in done in practice or picking up the line calls yet? It's not like we have a ton of choices but now Kahlil is needed to come back so Moton could move over. Hate to say it but that might be the best option and it's hang on till then.

I don't wanna hear that crap, there are guys on practice squads, rosters, free agency list that can block better than aminis garbage ass.  Its not even close honestly. He is that bad. 

I can give you 2 more options for depth at tackle that might wotk better than Amini:

Bailey - my dog.  Boxer - about a foot tall and a little over 80 lbs.  He doesn't know the line calls at all but he listens, when he wants to, and he likes to jump on people.  That might scare a couple of the DE. 

My Grandmother - 103 years old.  110 lbs.  Dead for 2 years.  Nobody likes an old dead person.  It would at least scare the crap out of a few of the DE.  To be sure she would never move the wrong way on a down block.  

Both better and cheaper than Amini. 

Archived