• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4% fat, 100% machine, 110% focused

London Loves Luke

https://about.underarmour.com/news/2018/09/cam-newton-enters-season-laser-focused

Video on Cam and his offseason training with Under Armour. I don’t know about all this body fat percentage stuff but that boy is shredded. I’d agree with the focus part, from what we’ve seen in training camp and the start of the season, he only has one thing on his mind, I just hope the rest of the offence is up to the task.

Here’s my favourite bit:

The call that Nate will never forget, and became a turning point for Cam’s career, came at 6 a.m. on Monday, December 31. The Panthers had beaten the New Orleans Saints the day before, finishing the regular season at 7-9 with no chance at the playoffs.

“I want to start training tomorrow,” Cam told Nate.

“I’m thinking, ‘You just came off of a seventeen-week season and you’re telling me you want to start training tomorrow!’”

“Nate, I need to train my body to know what it feels like to go all the way to the Super Bowl. So, I’m going to train up until the Super Bowl,” said Cam.

“And it still gives me freaking goosebumps saying it because we trained every day, five days a week with a soft rest day, through the Super Bowl.”

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

If I had to guess I’d say that’s more like 8% body fat but the point remains, he’s in amazing shape entering this season which is good because it looks like it’ll be more of the same this year...

Bail us out with your legs Cam!

People are funny.   You eyeballed 8% eh? 

In my younger, meaner, leaner days I was a Division I wrestler and had my body fat % measured quite regularly due to very strict NCAA weight loss restrictions.  You know, because us crazy wrestlers would drop 15 lbs over two days to make weight if that's what was required of us.  Granted it's all water weight and oh yeah by the way a wrestler died of cardiac arrest at our school crawling to the scale to weigh himself -- tragic.

My point being, 4% body fat is incredibly hard to obtain AND maintain.  We were not allowed to go below 6% body fat at any given point during the season, and if we did, we immediately had to stop practicing or competing until we were back above that 6% threshold.  Based on my history of seeing a lot of other men basically naked during my long wrestling career, you get used to guessing people's weight and body fat %.  I'm guessing Cam is 7-9% and is also dehydrated in these videos (no duh - all that sweating) as his muscles look quite flat and smooth (meaning they are not full and are lacking striations).

TLDR -- I've seen a lot of naked guys and I don't look like Cam anymore...weirdly, I'm only ashamed of one of these statements.

Cheers

pint-of-proper-guiness-in-dublin.jpg

9 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

In my younger, meaner, leaner days I was a Division I wrestler and had my body fat % measured quite regularly due to very strict NCAA weight loss restrictions.  You know, because us crazy wrestlers would drop 15 lbs over two days to make weight if that's what was required of us.  Granted it's all water weight and oh yeah by the way a wrestler died of cardiac arrest at our school crawling to the scale to weigh himself -- tragic.

My point being, 4% body fat is incredibly hard to obtain AND maintain.  We were not allowed to go below 6% body fat at any given point during the season, and if we did, we immediately had to stop practicing or competing until we were back above that 6% threshold.  Based on my history of seeing a lot of other men basically naked during my long wrestling career, you get used to guessing people's weight and body fat %.  I'm guessing Cam is 7-9% and is also dehydrated in these videos (no duh - all that sweating) as his muscles look quite flat and smooth (meaning they are not full and are lacking striations).

TLDR -- I've seen a lot of naked guys and I don't look like Cam anymore...weirdly, I'm only ashamed of one of these statements.

Cheers

pint-of-proper-guiness-in-dublin.jpg

Yeah, you get down too low in body fat and that poo is dangerous

59 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

If I had to guess I’d say that’s more like 8% body fat but the point remains, he’s in amazing shape entering this season which is good because it looks like it’ll be more of the same this year...

Bail us out with your legs Cam!

8% huh? Probably closer to 6.

180717_CamNewton_AA_Card%202__AEA9313_0.

Remember when Kelvin claimed to be 4% body fat?

huddle athletes: LOL no way, more like 15% on his best day

huddle pizza bois: don’t call him fat!!!1 does he look fat to you?

huddle athletes: I never called him fat, 15% body fat is actually quite normal for an NFL playe...

huddle pizza bois: if he’s fat, then I must be obese!!!1

huddle athletes: well actually...

*3 year later*

huddle pizza bois: omg, kelvin is so fat, better hide the buffalo wings from that big fat fatty.

Archived