• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Three games in, Donte Jackson Leads the NFL In Interceptions with 3

Saca312

This could be the year the Hurney trend reverses. Hurney was always known for killing it with 1st rounders and whiffing in the 2nd. So far, Moore has been MIA and Jackson has been balling. Not saying I'm giving up on Moore by a long shot, but the law of averages says at some point Hurney is going to miss on a 1st rounder and hit on a 2nd.

12 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

So far he has proven he can be in the right place at the right time so far.

a defensive lineman and maybe a linebacker (depending on the situation) making an interception is called being in the right place at the right time.

a cornerback/safety making an interception is called good coverage, not being in the right place at the right time.

Really liking what I've seen from him so far. I thought he was too small and would get out-muscled regularly. Dude is a scrapper and a sure tackler. His hands have been impressive so far as well considering he dropped numerous surefire interceptions in college. He's still a rookie, but he's been a damn impressive rookie so far. 

I'm eating crow right now and it tastes delicious. 

13 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I have to say, I think we hit a home-run with the Donte Jackson pick. While he's had a few rookie mistakes, he's had far more great plays and plenty of swag we haven't seen in our secondary...since Norman.

Anyways, he now leads the NFL in interceptions. Well, technically tied with Miami CB Xavien Howard if we want to get technical. But otherwise, he's pretty much tops in the NFL in takeaways.

No we didn't. He basically caught two punts that were interceptions and had the one. Kudos to doing that, but Calvin Ridley still made him look like a bitch. He has a long way to go.

13 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I have to say, I think we hit a home-run with the Donte Jackson pick. While he's had a few rookie mistakes, he's had far more great plays and plenty of swag we haven't seen in our secondary...since Norman.

Anyways, he now leads the NFL in interceptions. Well, technically tied with Miami CB Xavien Howard if we want to get technical. But otherwise, he's pretty much tops in the NFL in takeaways.

Being tied with Howard is pretty good company because Howard may be the best corner in the league right now. 

Archived