• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone Else Feel Like We Waste Too Much Time Supporting This Team?

bobsfoodbasics

I understand bobsfood, I am beginning to feel the same way. I spend way too much time on this team. As you have stated, this team is very unprepared every week. Can’t even get the play in on time a lot of times. I think bob you are maturing. Congrats. I feel like I could be doing more things on Sunday than watch the Panthers. To be honest today I didn’t even watch the game. I know I can do better things with my life than follow the Panthers constantly. I have greatly enjoyed it but I need to fall back for more important things in my life. 

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Been a Panther fan for lord knows how long and despite my very critical comments on everything Rivera, they've been through far worse in the past.

We have talent. It's frustrating that we sometimes don't know how to use it.

But I'm still watching every game I can and supporting them through the poo and the good.

Me too.  season ticket holder for a very long time

this team is lacking a ‘want to’ and play stupid.  

I don’t know if it’s coaching or Chemistry or sub par play but it’s not working 

I believe I read that Short had an ankle injury but we are seeing why the Falcons let Poe move on.   Love and Butler were in far far too often 

Its been a long time since the Panthers defense wasnt feared, that  it could not set the edge, that it could not stop runs up the middle 

offense. God almighty. 5 yards. They needed five yards.  Five yards for a fresh set of Downs.  

They  have Curtis Samuel, didn’t use him.  They have Anderson, didn’t use him.  I just do not understand 

Special teams, ...lol

i have sat  through the Weinke years and the Claussen years and this is worse because I know what is happening shouldn’t be.

i had a friend watching the game with me who asked ‘are they trying to throw this game?’

sometimes, I wonder.

life is much better when you have hobbies or aspirations that excite you more than football. i'm storyboarding a movie from a seafront bungalow in the andaman, so the loss isn't that big of a deal by comparison.

some of you need to find hobbies or travel and keep football in perspective.

i dont even care anymore. if they win its a nice perk for the sunday. if they lose oh well. my interest in football peaked in 2008. went to the bucs mnf game and that poo was dope. was fuging crushed at the cardinals playoff loss.

super bowl 50 was when i finally "got it" and honestly stopped being a hardcore fan and just started following with bemused interest. i didnt even know that dontari poe was a panther until preseason. this team is never gonna win a super bowl so fug it.

5 hours ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

We spend all week posting on this forum. We watch every second of every Panthers game. We read every tweet about the team. We spend money on tickets and jerseys.

And what are we getting out of it? It's not even entertaining watching this team.

Deep down we all know this team is not winning a super bowl. Every week the team comes out looking unprepared. Every week someone on the team lets us down. Even when the Panthers win, they make silly mistakes that should have been corrected in the preseason.

Am I alone in feeling this way? Is it time to take a break from wasting so much time on this team? 

I think the only positive coming from this season is new ownership. Tepper seems like a stand up dude who wants to win. That's all I can think of.

I want the picture in your avatar plz

6 hours ago, Shocker said:

Lazy to promote DC from within, lazy to hire dinosaur Norv, lazy, lazy lazy coaching and effort.  That’s Ron.

Sad to say I think it's valid that Rivera does have a habit of going for the path of least resistance when it comes to coaching hires.

On the topic, I've spent a pretty significant portion of my life on football, and I don't regret that. it certainly wasn't a lot of fun sitting through seasons like 2001 and 2010, but I love the game and always will.

My parrots bite. It hurts, but I still love them.

Sometimes my favorite football team bites too, but hey...

I feel the complete opposite of the OP. We won’t win every game but we’re good value in terms of excitement and entertainment. There’s also little doubt that most of the problems from both last night and last week are fixable.

Are we an obvious Super Bowl team at this stage? No. Is the season a complete bust? Also no. There’s plenty of football to be played yet and we’re both in the mix and should continue to be so right through December at least. That will do for me!

Many of you are a sad bunch of so called Panther fans. Look at the Browns fan base and you will see the loyalty they have to their team no matter what happens win or lose and even when the team has an 0-16 record they still remain loyal to their team. We should take the Browns fan loyalty and apply that same loyalty to this fan base.  "KEEP POUNDING"

Our fans accept mediocrity unlike other fan bases , you think philly  and ny fans would accept play like this? It would be all over the media and they would have to make changes but us on the other hand make excuses for our players and coaching staff . I will call out a player that played bad idc how much i love that player . Remember I love that panther logo first before the players , players come and go but that logo is all we got . 

Archived