• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Monday presser

ncfan

Just now, ncfan said:

Me thinks

If we go on to lose to philly by atleast 2 scores................... which is very possible

Tepper is going to make Riveras seat Hot

I think anything less than 9-7 or 10-6 and Rivera's ass is on fire.  Tepper has spoken about continuity, but he's also seemingly a very forward thinking dude.  I doubt he likes watching 1970s football all that much coming from the Steelers offense of late. 

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

There have been plenty of coaches who have gone up to the podium and said “we need to get better and it starts with me”.

Won’t hear that from Ron though 

Like who and what good did it do them? Why should he call himself into question in front of his players just so that you can feel better about things for like 5 seconds? LOL. You guys are ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

I am just as frustrated as the next Panther fan, but name one coach that's said, "I made terrible game decisions" or has thrown his staff or players under the bus in a press conference that's gone on to have great success. There aren't any.

After their loss to the Bears, : Bucs’ Koetter: “We Should Fire Every Person That Was On The Field, Starting With Me”

I’ve heard a lot of f’d up excuses from coaches but I think Ron is the first to imply that “inclement weather” has effected how the team has played. 

I’m hoping that Tepper is taking notes and that he sees that this team will go nowhere with Ron as the HC. Something needs to be done.

7 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Like who and what good did it do them? Why should he call himself into question in front of his players just so that you can feel better about things for like 5 seconds? LOL. You guys are ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

After their loss to the Bears, : Bucs’ Koetter: “We Should Fire Every Person That Was On The Field, Starting With Me”

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Ron's seat is starting to get hot. He's got his excuse card cued up. The weather? lol cmon dude, the weather didn't factor in your decision to be a pussy and punt on 4th and a fingernail. 

It fuggin burns me up how he excused that decision with, "well we punted and got the ball back". THAT DOESN'T MATTER. You wasted a drive where you clearly had momentum. You gave up one of your possessions, of which there were only THREE in the second half. Conversely, you gave Washington an extra possession they should never have had.

When Fox was doing pressers like these, and coming up with ultra conservative game plans I was 100% OK with it...we just didn't have a QB that could be dynamic enough to crush an opponent.

Now, there is no excuse.  Time to change your style (don't think he's able) or move on.

22 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I think anything less than 9-7 or 10-6 and Rivera's ass is on fire.  Tepper has spoken about continuity, but he's also seemingly a very forward thinking dude.  I doubt he likes watching 1970s football all that much coming from the Steelers offense of late. 

Ron has never had back to back winning seasons in seven years, so it's at least a decent bet that he doesn't hit 9-7. We have no reason to believe Tepper is attached to Ron, so that seat should be on fire. I can't blame the entire game on him because the three turnovers weren't his fault, but his coaching ability has been lacking for a long time.

Best QB panthers have ever had and this boob can't manage back to back winning seasons. Generational talent at QB and MLB and this buffoon just bumbles his way through a season hoping Cam carries him. I've wanted him fired for a long time. Anyone watching that Giants game two weeks ago knew that they would get back in it because that's just how Ron coaches. Get a lead, sit, let other team come back, hope to get bailed out by Cam (or in this case Gano).

Archived