• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera on drafting Donte Jackson. Gives Marty credit for selling him on a different type of player than usual

Saca312

Just now, t96 said:

Wow your title is very misleading. Rivera was targeting a different type of player and was nervous that he wouldn't fall to us, not nervous about drafting Jackson.

I read it as Rivera was nervous because Hurney refused to move up to get him and Ron was scared someone else would draft him before our pick.

25 minutes ago, Rags said:

Most of this board hated this pick and wanted Joshua Jackson and that kid from Colorado.

That'd be me.

Hope Jackson pans out, it's still early but I like what I see so far. He's better than I anticipated and that has a lot to do with the fact that he was a Hurney second rounder and that clouded my judgement. 

Still think he's a little too slight, I've seen him pushed around on some run plays a few times, but not nearly as much as I thought he would be. He's a great and willing tackler and very physical for a guy his size. 

He's still a rookie but so far so good. 

Just now, Bartin said:

I read it as Rivera was nervous because Hurney refused to move up to get him and Ron was scared someone else would draft him before our pick.

That's how the quote reads. The title of this thread makes one think Ron was nervous about Jackson being a different type of player which is not the case at all.

I'll have to rewatch the presser. I interpreted Ron's nervous as hell comments to fearing Donte would be off the board before we picked, thinking Marty should move up and take him, because they had targeted him so heavily and REALLY wanted him.

But I could be wrong.

6 hours ago, t96 said:

Wow your title is very misleading. Rivera was targeting a different type of player and was nervous that he wouldn't fall to us, not nervous about drafting Jackson.

I misread it. You’re right.

Changed the title for accuracy.

16 hours ago, Snake said:

Speak for yourself. I was one of the first to say the kid would be good. 

That's super cool man but also not the point I was making.

A lot of people that critique Ron over every thing he does despite most people in the thread hating the pick.

Now we're brerating him for admitting he was nervous about branching off from his normal and taking a chance when a lot of people here were mad we didn't drart one of those two cornere.

Doesn't apply to you, cool my guy, that wasn't directed at you then.

Turns out this was based off a misread anyway so

1 hour ago, Rags said:

That's super cool man but also not the point I was making.

A lot of people that critique Ron over every thing he does despite most people in the thread hating the pick.

Now we're brerating him for admitting he was nervous about branching off from his normal and taking a chance when a lot of people here were mad we didn't drart one of those two cornere.

Doesn't apply to you, cool my guy, that wasn't directed at you then.

Turns out this was based off a misread anyway so

The draft is one of those times where people are all over the place. I think a week after most were excited about Jackson. The only person I remember trashing him was that Saints fan. 

Archived