• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The start of a new era

juliosantos

With funchess doubtful and Torrey questionable to the naked eye it seems like we are in some trouble. That couldn't be further from the truth , with funchess and Torrey out we get to play Samuel and dj Moore with wright in the slot , this gives us more of a 2015 look because they are going back to having 2 receivers that can stretch the field and defenses will have to respect the speed and that will open up the run game even more. If our receivers have a big game that could be the end of the funchess and Torrey combo 

Moving on from Ron will have the same impact as the Rams moving on from Fisher. The game has passed guys like Ron and Jeff. Ron still wants to win games by only scoring 10 points. We need to make te most of Cam and these young prolific weapons. CMC, Moore, and Samuel are too talented to be wasted the way they are 

9 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

RR must be thinking, fug our star vets are injured guess there is no choice but to play the young guys even though they dont have seniority in the locker room, what can you do ?  :P

Sadly this ship will go down with the Captain.  As long as Munnerlyn is playing the slot.  Offenses are going to chew us up underneath.

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

I suppose he means Philly. 

but yeah he kind of lost me there as well

Philly Brown. The WR who made up for less than average WR speed with less than average WR height? That was our second stretch the field type WR? Well I suppose if we sent him deep, someone would have to follow him but we could do that with Benjamin too, as long as the line could hang in there for 20 seconds.

20 hours ago, juliosantos said:

With funchess doubtful and Torrey questionable to the naked eye it seems like we are in some trouble. That couldn't be further from the truth , with funchess and Torrey out we get to play Samuel and dj Moore with wright in the slot , this gives us more of a 2015 look because they are going back to having 2 receivers that can stretch the field and defenses will have to respect the speed and that will open up the run game even more. If our receivers have a big game that could be the end of the funchess and Torrey combo 

1) I hoped you typed this on a phone with a broken touch screen keyboard.

2) I thought you wanted us to tank? Getting these WRs out there will be better for us winning this season than Funchess and Smith out there. 

3) The run game isn't going to open up much more. Its just not realistic to expect that. We are currently 1 of 3 teams averaging 5 yards per carry. The other two teams are .1 and .2 yards per carry in front of us. We are 7th in yards while being 15th in carries. Knock the older vets all we want ( I dislike having Funch and Smith out there too ) but they may be better blockers than Moore and Samuel and this could possibly negatively impact our running efficiency. 

4) I am with you in that I want to see an entire game where Moore, Samuel and Wright are the primary 1-3 getting most of the snaps as a group. If they show out it means we can let Funchess walk after the season and not sign him to an extension and it helps us this year and going forward with a younger, speedier lineup. Want to protect Cam? Get his guys out there who can make fast cuts and be open 2-3 seconds after the hike and let him get rid of the ball and trust the YAC. Then it doesn't really matter how good or bad the line plays during passing downs and they can focus on mauling people during run plays. 

Archived