• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

james bradyberry a bust ?

juliosantos

Julio Jones 5 catches 65 yards, AJ Green 5 catches 58 yards, Mike Evans 1 catch 16 yards, Doug Baldwin 3 catches 39 yards, and Mike Evans 4 catches 48 yards. I know OBJ and Brown had his number, but no CB can shut down these number 1 WRs every week. Even Jalen Ramsey gets beat. This whole myth of him being terrible is because he doesn’t get turnovers...

Bradberry doesn't have the smoothness and fluidity of Chis Gamble, he's kinda stiff by comparison. Bradberry doesn't have Norman's quickness and change of direction and leaping ability. Even so Bradberry is doing just fine as a zone CB on a bad defense. He's not a bust. Worley was a bust. Gettleman drafted plenty of busts, but he gets a pass on Bradberry. Decent zone CB.

It's kind of ridiculous to label a 3 year starter at the number 1 corner position a bust when he was drafted from a late 2nd round draft position. Why do people use such hyperbolic language? You could argue disappointing if that's your cup of tea, but you shouldn't be expecting pro bowl talent with all your late 2nd round picks. A serviceable starter is actually a good outcome for anyone drafted outside of the 1st round. Better than that and you really hit it out of the park.

Bradberry has been fine. As most people have said, he is probably better suited shadowing the 2nd wr. But a bust he is not. 

6 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

It's kind of ridiculous to label a 3 year starter at the number 1 corner position a bust when he was drafted from a late 2nd round draft position. Why do people use such hyperbolic language? You could argue disappointing if that's your cup of tea, but you shouldn't be expecting pro bowl talent with all your late 2nd round picks. A serviceable starter is actually a good outcome for anyone drafted outside of the 1st round. Better than that and you really hit it out of the park.

Bradberry has been fine. As most people have said, he is probably better suited shadowing the 2nd wr. But a bust he is not. 

If you didn’t know, players are not judged by their abilities around here. Never hav. Never will be. It all about which GM/coach drafted or found them. Then bending everything to fit whatever agenda is needed. 

54 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Didn’t we lose all those games?

Beat the Bucs the first time and the Bengals we won. I don’t see how that is relevant? Peterson must be terrible since the Cards have lost soo many games. Ramsey sucks too because the Jags have lost 8 games already.... If he is dead last in PFF then why don’t they throw to him EVERY time. I mean no one can be worse? QBs don’t throw to the guy that’s covered usually, which is why they don’t throw to him.

decent to good #2, he's not a bust.  Second rounders sometimes surprise and become pro-bowlers, but you hope for good consistent starters and thats what he is.  Heck in that draft class, he's as good as anyone not named jalen ramsey, the rest are very mediocre.  On the positive side, I think we hit with Action Jackson.  He needs more time to grow, but that boy will be something special.  Much, MUCH bigger problem is that our front 4 is ass and in the LB group TD is old, and Shaq is bad, which is why I really want to see more Jermaine Carter and Andre Smith.  Get us some youth there atleast on defense.

I think he's serviceable but he doesn't play the ball, ever really. Recently I saw him turn his head around and bat the ball but I've rarely seen him do that. He'll just tackle the guy for short/medium gains.

To be a top corner you need ball skills and ball awareness so QB's pay the price for targeting your side of the field.

Bradberry is not bad. He is smart, he does everything he's asked to do and he rarely gets beat deep. He does have issues with getting his head turned around. He's not a gambler but in some situations I wish he did take a chance. He's a good not great zone CB.

Archived