• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drew Brees passer rating when targeting Jackson and Bradberry last night? A 42.4 (Jackson) and a 2.8 when targeting Bradberry. Not a typo, a 2.8 passer rating.

Ricky Spanish

13 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Who are the Saints receivers again?

Bradberry has shut down Mike Evans twice, Julio Jones and now Mike Thomas... The guy is a stud. Donte has had his rookie moments but has overall been great and has insanely high potential. Safeties and nickel are the issue in the secondary, not Donte or Bradberry.

Just now, t96 said:

Bradberry has shut down Mike Evans twice, Julio Jones and now Mike Thomas... The guy is a stud. Donte has had his rookie moments but has overall been great and has insanely high potential. Safeties and nickel are the issue in the secondary, not Donte or Bradberry.

I'd even say with regards to safety that either Adams or Reid alone are solid at SS and getting a rangy FS who can cover would be a major boost to the secondary, a la Mitchell (fast but crap in coverage so not the best example) and Mikell in 2013.

9 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'd even say with regards to safety that either Adams or Reid alone are solid at SS and getting a rangy FS who can cover would be a major boost to the secondary, a la Mitchell (fast but crap in coverage so not the best example) and Mikell in 2013.

Yep. If we can get a ball hawk and a decent slot guy, I think we're good.

I don't think we have either of those on the roster. Gaulden isn't really much of anything, I really think he was a wasted pick with tons of other natural Safeties available (like the younger Reid brother) and unfortunately Corn hasn't looked that great either.

So hopefully we make those moves next year and things look up. 

So why didn't we do this several weeks ago?

We let JuJu Smith Schuster take one to the end zone on their first play in primetime, and then from there proceeded to basically fall flat on our faces and let the Steelers score at will.

How can you be that Jekyll/Hyde from execution issues alone?

We threw away a season because Ron couldn't get past his stubborn loyalty to his buddies on the coaching staff.

27 minutes ago, t96 said:

Every time Bradberry is given a specific assignment to shadow the opposing team's #1, he's lights out.

Every time Bradberry is just kept on "his side" and asked to play 10 yards away from the opposing WR in majority zone coverage, he sux.

Its almost as if these are the kinds of tendencies coaches are paid to notice.

Archived