• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CarolinaHuddle Pick'em - WILD CARD

UpstatePanther

Crazy final week to the regular season guys! We had a 6-way tie for first place! I also found out that I need a second tiebreaker for next season, as I had to award two Power Points this week. Be sure to look at the Playoff rules in the notes section so everyone is clear how this will work!

SCOREBOARD:

WEEKLY WINNER(s): @Kevin Greene/@Chosen Newton, 13/16, .813, SNF Guesses: 51 & 49, respectively. SNF Actual: 50

T-2) 13/16, .813 (SNF guesses in parentheses)

T-3) 12/16, .750

T-4) 11/16, .688

T-5) 10/16, .625

6) @Boxhead85 9/16, .563

No Picks: @Cracka McNasty, @kungfoodude, @RumHam, @Bronn

LEADERBOARD: 

8EFE0311-DBB8-4EE7-9913-78AC19A36442.thumb.jpeg.9007a8ef33079f5f44514d54110bbc41.jpeg

@Kevin Greene made a strong push at the end of the season to take the lead and even extend a bit, up +3 on #2 @X-Clown on 1 counting Power Points. If your name is in gray, you have unfortunately been disqualified from playoff contention. There just simply aren’t enough points in the Playoffs for you to catch up if you’re further than 11 points back. This includes myself, so I feel your pain lol. Better luck next year! For the rest of you, there’s still life! There’s still a $50 Amazon gift card in store for the winner! See below for further playoff rules.

Week 17 Review:

• We had 9 locks this week, and no less than 7 unanimous picks! New England, Houston, Seattle, Philadelphia, Los Angeles Chargers, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Los Angeles Rams, and Kansas City all locks. A lot of playoff teams in that mix.
  • Only two upsets, Carolina and Detroit. Not a single person picked Detroit to win.
  • Congrats to @PantherNation123 for being the only Huddler to pick our beloved, infuriating Panthers to win against the Saints

Playoff Preview:

0D558D10-9C81-436E-9CBC-D9BE03F51B9B.gif.c45d087d9655dfb7aaa2954bbf8b770f.gif

The Pick’em Playoffs will function much like the regular season, with a few key differences. We’ll still make our picks, with a deadline set at the kickoff of the first game each week. Our main tiebreaker will be the total points of the last game of the week, with a secondary tiebreaker being the total points scored in that round of the playoffs. For example, when you pick this week, tell me how many points you think the Eagles and Bears will score in their game, then tell me how many total points you think the teams will score in this week’s 4 wild card games. Winner still takes a Power Point for the week!

After each week, players who are too far behind to catch up will be eliminated, meaning that at the end of THIS WEEK, you will be mathematically eliminated if you are more than 7 points behind (Power Points obviously included). 

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know! Good luck!

Power Points Will now be added to your win totals, and the Standings Updated:

1) @Kevin Greene, 143/224

2) @X-Clown on 1, 140/224

3) @bigdavis, 139, 224

4) @FakePlasticTrees, 137/224

5) @Chosen Newton, 136/224

6) @Wyank, 134/224

7) @Datawire, 132/224

8) @Raleigh PF, 131/224

Because I’m running this show, and because y’all need a template for picks still, here are my picks for the week:

IND @ HOU: IND

SEA @ DAL: SEA

LAC @ BAL: LAC

PHI @ CHI: CHI, SNF Total Points: 50

Wild Card Round Total Points: 200

Thanks everyone for sticking with this and making year 1 a success! 

If the Giants and TB had held onto their last minute leads last week, I'd be comfortably in first.  But, as the great KG says, WTH!

IND @ HOU: IND

SEA @ DAL: DAL

LAC @ BAL: LAC

PHI @ CHI: CHI,  Total Points: 44

Wild Card Round Total Points: 180

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

i made the run of all runs and it gave me runs and i still didn't get in. crock of poo.

You did, and congrats on that. But to be fair, this was a marathon, not a sprint. And you got so far behind early on that your late run just wasn't enough. Sorry man lol. 

Hey at least you didn't give up like some others did. Hell I had a few people who were close to the top, including one Huddler who'd led for the better part of the season, inexplicably just miss a week towards the end of the season. 

Watson has been sacked an incredible 62 times this year. Twelve of those sacks were from the last two games these teams played each other. And Luck has exceeded expectations this season coming off of shoulder surgery. The Texans have a great pass rush but Luck gets out the ball as quick as anyone in the NFL. This will be a tight game and a tough one to pick.

IND @ HOU: IND 27-23

Seattle is 11-2 in their last 13 prime time games and currently lead the NFL in rushing and Wilson is doing well in the air because of it. But the Dallas defense can be dominate when they show up, if they show up. And that could be the difference maker in this game.

SEA @ DAL: SEA 24-13

Obviously the Ravens are a different team with L. Jackson, they are 6-1 out of their 7 games with him including over 600 rushing yards by the QB. Backed up by a Ravens defense that is number 1 in the NFL in yards allowed and number2 in scoring defense. Rivers and co. enter the game with his best passer rating in 13 years and the best record of all AFC wild card teams. They could have won the AFC spot if it wasn't for a tie breaker. However, making a cross country trip and being on the road with what would technically be a 10:00am game for them in a hostile environment puts them at a disadvantage.

LAC @ BAL: BAL 28-20

Who is Nick Foles? Does anyone really know? We know he is the reigning super bowl champion of last season. Other than that do we know what we are going to get? There are many Foles believers out there for sure. But going against the Bears defense will prove challenging considering they have held opponents to less than 15 points average over their last 10 games. On the other hand the bears haven't played their toughest opponents in the last 10 games outside the Rams.

PHI @ CHI: CHI 27-21 - Total points 48

Wild Card Round Total Points: 183

By the way, thanks @UpstatePanther for putting in the work this season. I run a small office pool of about 8 people and it can be a pain sometimes so I know for sure you have had to set aside some serious time to get this done. Thanks again. And Woo Hoo! I made the playoff contention (barely).

Archived