• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should let Daryl Williams walk

juliosantos

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

You gave your word that you would not post and made zero effort to keep that promise. 

JS.png

Panthers promised that we were going to win and they haven't kept their promise and I was going to take time off until I see my name flying around here so guess what I'm staying . You can talk about football or get off my post bitch 

14 hours ago, ncfan said:

If you think a guy who has only shown 1 good season and coming off a season ending knee injury is going to come close to getting the same money as a Multi All-Pro  RT, well ive got some ocean front property to sell you in Nebraska

But you all think a guy who has never played LT (except in a pinch and a few times in pre-season) is the LT of the future because PFF gave him a good rating as a RT---No, that simply means they have options at RT.

The BEST reason not to re-sign Williams is that you think Moton can do it as well cheaper (at least for a year).   That is all we really know, besides the fact that the did not put the "LT of the future" at LT and signed a free agent LT---

Don't get me wrong--I think we should re-sign Williams without overpaying for someone who fits the description you provide above.  I think Williams will have a medical clearance and will bring enough money to make him risky.  He will be given an incentive-laden contract with an escape clause.   I also think we should play Moton at LT--but I do not see that happening.  This simple and most revealing logic--they had the opportunity to move him to LT and did not do it.  You have your best LT at LT, especially if your QB is banged up.  Common sense.  To suggest that they want him at LT in 2019 while leaving him at RT while Cam and 2 other QBs got pounded is not reasonable.

I am not evaluating what I think Moton can do--I am evaluating what I think Rivera won't do.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

But you all think a guy who has never played LT (except in a pinch and a few times in pre-season) is the LT of the future because PFF gave him a good rating as a RT---No, that simply means they have options at RT.

Yes 

Because he has at least shown potential there.  

Williams has in that 1 year shown well, but had a injury.  But its comparing apples and oranges comparing Moton and Williams scenarios.  Team dont wont to invest big $ and hurt their cap putting it in a bind

Moton is on a Rookie contract,  he has at least shown potential.  Draft picks: unless they are The top guy (as in top 5 material) are statistically proven they start out at RT or if they do start at LT struggle for a few seasons

Alright let me try to word this Moton argument a little different for you.

Say our CB issue is the same next year.  Donte Jackson become the better CB, becomes the CB1 but injuries happen to Bradberry and Elder.  Say the new guys we bring in just arent quick enough and  good enough  to play nickel.  So Jackson slides to that spot.  At years end, people like you say that Jackson shouldn't be our #1 CB (even though in his few games there he locked up Julio and was big in our D stopping KC in preseason).  And even though Bradberry may come back and resiign with us after coming off injury, we HAVE to draft a CB in round 1, even though the histiry of that position shows it takes a bit befire they are the #1 CB

4 hours ago, juliosantos said:

Panthers promised that we were going to win and they haven't kept their promise and I was going to take time off until I see my name flying around here so guess what I'm staying . You can talk about football or get off my post bitch 

Not gonna happen. You declared you trusted you source and would leave if he was wrong. Nothing else. No conditions. Now you want tobe chicken poo and stay. This will appear i every thread you start.

JS.png

11 hours ago, ncfan said:

Yes 

Because he has at least shown potential there.  

Williams has in that 1 year shown well, but had a injury.  But its comparing apples and oranges comparing Moton and Williams scenarios.  Team dont wont to invest big $ and hurt their cap putting it in a bind

Moton is on a Rookie contract,  he has at least shown potential.  Draft picks: unless they are The top guy (as in top 5 material) are statistically proven they start out at RT or if they do start at LT struggle for a few seasons

Alright let me try to word this Moton argument a little different for you.

Say our CB issue is the same next year.  Donte Jackson become the better CB, becomes the CB1 but injuries happen to Bradberry and Elder.  Say the new guys we bring in just arent quick enough and  good enough  to play nickel.  So Jackson slides to that spot.  At years end, people like you say that Jackson shouldn't be our #1 CB (even though in his few games there he locked up Julio and was big in our D stopping KC in preseason).  And even though Bradberry may come back and resiign with us after coming off injury, we HAVE to draft a CB in round 1, even though the histiry of that position shows it takes a bit befire they are the #1 CB

I am not saying that he won't end up at LT, I am saying there are NO signs that he will.  Yes, the chips could fall so that he has to play LT, but if he was in the plans to be the next LT, he would have been playing there this year.

There are no reasons why you would not play your future LT at LT when the starting LT goes down--unless there is not a plan to play him at LT.

So if you are assuming that he is the next LT, you are not with the personnel decisions the coaches are making.   The signed a street free agent to play LT.  That cannot be ignored.  Yes, some have made dumbass excuses that they know nothing about--as an assessment of likely moves becomes some Madden fantasy--but you can't find LTs in free agency easier than RTs. 

Moton, based on the decisions of the coaches this year, is not the LT of the future.

14 hours ago, juliosantos said:

Back it down a notch ...

Archived