• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m having trouble thinking of a scenario where any news makes me happy this off season

Hotsauce

I don’t know if it’s a cold Monday, or if it’s because I ate leftover chili for breakfast. But there are so many negatives and question marks with the Panthers right now, I just don’t think there is any realistic news that will come from this offseason that will make me feel “good” about our chances to win a SB next year.

-Last year after Cams offseason he was playing “his best football”. It took one hit and his season was over. 

-poo contracts, no real cap room

-absolutely no coaching changes from a team that lost 7 in a row to end the year

-way too many holes to fill on both sides of the ball

-everyone in the NFCS is getting better/making changes to get better

-stubborn HC and GM

I doubt I can get excited about any player signings as well. I was so excited last offseason with the addition of CJ Anderson (and Torrey Smith, but he turned out to suck). RR and Marty proved that they don’t know how to incorporate new offensive weapons. 

I have to imagine there are more people who are in the Pit of Misery, like myself. 

12 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I don’t know if it’s a cold Monday, or if it’s because I ate leftover chili for breakfast. But there are so many negatives and question marks with the Panthers right now, I just don’t think there is any realistic news that will come from this offseason that will make me feel “good” about our chances to win a SB next year.

-Last year after Cams offseason he was playing “his best football”. It took one hit and his season was over. 

-poo contracts, no real cap room

-absolutely no coaching changes from a team that lost 7 in a row to end the year

-way too many holes to fill on both sides of the ball

-everyone in the NFCS is getting better/making changes to get better

-stubborn HC and GM

I doubt I can get excited about any player signings as well. I was so excited last offseason with the addition of CJ Anderson (and Torrey Smith, but he turned out to suck). RR and Marty proved that they don’t know how to incorporate new offensive weapons. 

I have to imagine there are more people who are in the Pit of Misery, like myself. 

We are one Dontari Poe-like signing this offseason from making a Super Bowl run!

I am actually optimistic if Cam returns to 100%. Plus the last game showed the scheme is quarterback friendly if we have to play someone else. We started out 6-2 and we're headed to the playoffs. No reason to think we aren't headed that way again. Sure we ended up on a down spiral but the pieces are still there to contend for a title with the addition of a few coaches and players at key positions  I for one like Rivera calling plays which seems to be more popular lately.

I am fueled by the thought of finally getting a new culture of winning, accountability and competency. That would be a little less than a year from now at best. All the fluff can burn. Hang tight, Panther fans have been through all of this before. Cheer for the team and call the dead weights out.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

I am fueled by the thought of finally getting a new culture of winning, accountability and competency.

This was me last offseason, then we went all out to avoid those three ideals like they were the plague

Archived