• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Punisher Season 2

Pejorative Miscreant

13 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Three episodes in and it is awesome.  Frank is total badass.

I believe Chuck Norris has nightmares cause he thinks Frank is hiding under the bed.

That is all.  Enjoy!

Da fug?  I missed that...definitely watching this...season 1 was crazy

I binged both seasons of this over the past week, I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.  Fank is damned unstoppable.  Season two's arc was really good.

If yall liked this you may also like Frontier on netflix, another good one, also very revenge driven.

On 1/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, Jackofalltrades said:

I enjoyed both,  I’m not a big John Bernthal fan but thought both seasons were really good. 

Seriously?

Not bagging on you at all.  People like what they like.

I LOVE Jon in this role.  When I think back to the 90s when I was reading these comics Jon is a far better match for the role than anyone Hollywood has cast.  Dolf? Stevenson? Give me a break.  At least Jane could act but he just wasn't raw enough.  Jon is at least convincing as the tortured, revenge driven, moral absolutist that I equate with the role.

17 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Seriously?

I LOVE Jon in this role.  When I think back to the 90s when I was reading these comics Jon is a far better match for the role than anyone Hollywood has cast.  Dolf? Stevenson? Give me a break.  At least Jane could act but he just wasn't raw enough.  Jon is at least convincing as the tortured, revenge driven, moral absolutist that I equate with the role.

When they first said he was doing it, I didn't see  it. But seeing him in the role made me realize that he is just a pretty good actor.

18 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Seriously?

I’ll admit I don’t have a real reason for not liking him, I can’t pinpoint anything if I’m being honest. Maybe I just disliked his character in TWD. 

I liked season 2 but I liked 1 better.    Two was all over the place but was good, I felt a bit dragged out.     They did a great job with Russo as a somehow, sympathetic character.     Pilgrim was cool.      What I really want out of Punisher is what they teased at the end of S2, but we'll probably never get to see that.

It would be nice if Netflix at least kept Punisher because Disney will NEVER make it how it should be, ever.  

And Jon is still fantastic at this role I couldn't imagine anyone different doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

What I find interesting is the show runners mentioned Frank is the Punisher we know in the comics...YET. He’s slowly working up to it. Yes, hes the Punisher, but not full on Punisher yet. Does that make sense? Let me give you an example: In a recent event in the books where life in our universe was going to end bc it was colliding with an alternate universe, the whole world was sort of a mess. Ppl knew they only had hours to live so heroes and villains were partying, some, together. There was a bar in NY where tons of villains were living it up one last time. 10 minutes left before everyone dies, Franks kicks open the door and kills every person in that bar. Knowing they will die anyway, he still killed them all. That’s the Frank I know, and no spoilers, but at one point in the show, we finally see this Frank. 

Archived