• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jack Easterby reportedly in discussions with Panthers.

kungfoodude

4. The departure of Patriots character coach/team development coach Jack Easterby after six seasons generated some buzz on sports radio in the region, as Easterby played a notable role in helping foster a positive team culture by providing great support to players. He also wouldn't be shy, according to those familiar with his work, in offering a hard, honest opinion. Easterby's contract expired this year, and had Josh McDaniels taken the Colts' head-coaching job last offseason, my sense is that Easterby would have joined him in Indianapolis. That's one reason his departure this year didn't come as a surprise. Jason La Canfora of CBS has reported Easterby is in discussions to join the Panthers' staff.

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4816974/bill-belichick-patriots-considering-unique-option-on-coaching-staff

Well we do have to do something to get that “next man up” mentality, put out on the field and versatility mindsets.

we don’t have that,.. and actually 31 teams don’t have that. It’s all me me me me me,.. and me too.

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

He evidently didn’t spend much time with Robert Kraft

Or he did, and decided not to return after...you know.

I probably wouldn't put that particular bullet point on my resume' if I were him. It's kinda like telling people you were Tommy Wisseau's acting coach.

I know Jack personally from my time as a student at South Carolina, where Jack worked/lived before the Chiefs then Patriots. Such a great guy and would be a blessing for any team to have as a character coach. I've heard through the grape vine that Kraft was an absolute ass. Jack supposedly liked Belichick though which surprised me. Hope he comes back home to work with the Panthers. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd imagine it's easier to coach "character" for the Panthers than it is the Patriots.

Going from Gronkowski to Greg Olsen is a major culture shift.

I would've probably used Hernandez for that example.

Gronk may fit the dumb jock stereotype to a tee and I think at least some of that is an act, but I don't necessarily think he's a "bad" guy. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd imagine it's easier to coach "character" for the Panthers than it is the Patriots.

Going from Gronkowski to Greg Olsen is a major culture shift.

Trying to contain high energy competitive super bowl champions to practicing his miss america waves for farewell tours to appease a family environment...he probably wants an easier job as he gets older a retired. Definetley going to be a culture shock.

Archived