• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It could be worse - cap space edition

Adb6368

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26152059/set-spend-big-2019-nfl-salary-cap-space-all-32-teams#car

If you think we don't have any money to spend, consider the following:

The Carolina Panthers have $16.9M to spend this offseason according to this article (pretty sure this incorporates Reid's payraise)

The Saints, Bucs and Falcons have a total of $21.5M to spend, combined. Somehow, the worst team in the division (the Bucs) only have $3.6M.

We may not be rolling in the dough. But some good pickups to fill some holes will set us up nicely to take BPA in the draft. 

5 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26152059/set-spend-big-2019-nfl-salary-cap-space-all-32-teams#car

If you think we don't have any money to spend, consider the following:

The Carolina Panthers have $16.9M to spend this offseason according to this article (pretty sure this incorporates Reid's payraise)

The Saints, Bucs and Falcons have a total of $21.5M to spend, combined. Somehow, the worst team in the division (the Bucs) only have $3.6M.

We may not be rolling in the dough. But some good pickups to fill some holes will set us up nicely to take BPA in the draft. 

I appreciate that! The glass is  half full! We will most certainly make a big little splash or two that will be well thought out and bring more than a ripple's worth of value. I guarantee it!

Bucs and Falcons yeah, id say they are in worse situation.  Especially the Falcons with the uncertainty what Julio may do again this offseason.

Saints always little to Negative cap and they still pull some crazy voodoo magic and lock people uo while resigning people.  I fugging hate the Aints, but their dam GM knows what the fug he's doing

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Bucs and Falcons yeah, id say they are in worse situation.  Especially the Falcons with the uncertainty what Julio may do again this offseason.

Saints always little to Negative cap and they still pull some crazy voodoo magic and lock people uo while resigning people.  I fugging hate the Aints, but their dam GM knows what the fug he's doing

Yep. He can actually do 5th grade math unlike our Mensa candidates. 

8 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Don't know Lomis is that great. He just keep kicking the cap can down the road going all in whole Brees is still there.  Cap isn't hard to manipulate. You just have to decide if you are building long term or trying for one big run before Brees, Payton and Loomis all ride away in the sunset. Loomis is 63 having been born in 1956.

26 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Falcons have been talking to Julio just like they were last off-season..he never missed any of training camp last year and I expect the same this year.  All of it was over blown by the media. 

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Well....it IS New Orleans...

Archived