• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonah Williams vs Andre Dillard

yasuhara2241

3 hours ago, Panthero said:

A nose tackle? Surely you dont mean first round? Its either edge or OT, unless we take a ed oliver type that can play end in the 3-4 alignment. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRalI0CiTxRLeDjnzPX4a6

I would take one like that in a heart beat. A NT in 3-4 that takes on 3 blockers and still pushes the pocket? Yes please

Dillard has a much higher ceiling but also a much lower floor.  He wont be resdy this year.  BUT if a coach can really work with him, he had the potential to be a stud down the road.

Jonah Williams is just overall solid, day 1 starter.  Higher floor but ceiling isnt quite as high

9 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I have heard that Dillard is the best pure pass blocker in the draft. He is more of a true LT than Willams who's shorter arms may force him to the inside to play guard.

'

Not sure how that myth got going.

Dillard has longer arms but Williams arms are more than long enough. 

They are just as long if not longer than Matthews in ATL, Joe Thomas etc

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Not sure how that myth got going.

Dillard has longer arms but Williams arms are more than long enough. 

They are just as long if not longer than Matthews in ATL, Joe Thomas etc

Don’t shoot the messenger... A quick google of Williams combine and its the first thing that comes up.

27754696-CB1E-42E9-A824-A234E0DCC1CC.png

09C05E4B-B17A-4779-8C61-691DC8CE7E57.png

Just now, Verge said:

I like Dillard a lot. Jonah has the ability to play anywhere though, Dillard is a locked in left tackle.

I go Dillard.. we need a left tackle not a swing man.. let’s keep cam healthy. Pass pro is where he is getting hit the most. Dillard is more than good at that.

My biggest concern about Williams is that Alabama wanted to move him to center last season. If he was such a sure thing at LT, why would Alabama even consider such a move?

That being said, I think his measurements get scrutinized too much. There have been very good LTs with similar measurements who went on to have All-Pro careers. I ultimately think he could be a serviceable LT in the league, but would be a monster LG if hes willing to change. Seems to me hes hell bent on playing LT tho...

30 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger... A quick google of Williams combine and its the first thing that comes up.

27754696-CB1E-42E9-A824-A234E0DCC1CC.png

09C05E4B-B17A-4779-8C61-691DC8CE7E57.png

Again not blaming you, but its just laziness on the writers part 

I posted this last month

Some people are but let them.  I see no problem with the length.

For example

Jonah Williams arms were at 33 5/8

Joe Thomas's were 33 3/4

Jordan Gross 33 1/4

Jake Matthew's 33 3/8

Taylor Lewan 33 7/8

Joe Staley 33 1/2

But lets keep saying he's not long enough so he can fall

Archived