• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Casserly thinks Panthers Lion Trade 1st

Catufb85

It would be completely shocking for Hurney to have such a great start to his offseason only to screw up the draft by giving away picks.  Let me just remind everyone that 15 of our 22 starters last year were Panthers draft picks in the first 100 choices in their draft.

You simply don't trade away your greatest source of starting players.

No way I would trade up. Trade back maybe. None of the top 15 players are a sure thing. I mean, they are talking about a 5'10" QB going 1st. There are risks with any of those players. In this year's draft, I'd trade back before trading up.

44 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Let's not be ignorant there was 0 reason to win that game. 

AT ALL...

Besides coaches  GM and staff getting fired

Back up Players making the league minimum putting tape out there giving poor effort and not being able to find another job

Or free agents not wanting to play for a team that's not trying to win 

36 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Besides coaches  GM and staff getting fired

Back up Players making the league minimum putting tape out there giving poor effort and not being able to find another job

Or free agents not wanting to play for a team that's not trying to win 

It's super easy for an anonymous nobody with nothing to lose to suggest we should have lost with no explanation how to lose intentionally without disrespecting professionals suggesting they lose intentionally so some rookie can take their job the next season because some losers with nothing to lose is still crying about why the team didnt lose intentionally despite playing their 3rd string QB and sitting out their most prolific weapon after the first quarter and some other of their best players on defense.

7 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

What kind of logic is this lol.... nobody is saying lose just to lose and pick the first pick. people are saying if there is no chance at the playoffs or bettering your franchise then you should be in prepare for the next season mode. yes losing that game would have been better for the panthers...some scrub victory where they played there backups so you can talk poo. logic against this is ridiculous..

Yeah obviously it would have been better for us, but people complaining about something that had zero chance of happening is pretty nonsensical. Imagine if a politician went out and platformed for some Utopian society with zero poverty and unemployment and no racism or discrimination, but when people ask him how he will achieve this, he just dodges the question and says “is this better for society or not?!”. That’s how I feel about the “we should’ve tanked the last game” crowd. I’ve yet to see anyone propose a realistic scenario for how we could have tanked the last game in a vacuum, without any extenuating implications like asking backups with no real game tape to just throw the game, effectively sabotaging their chances at sticking around in the league. We were playing our third string QB and benched our best offensive player (CMC) and best defensive player (Luke) in the first quarter. This was a win by the players, not the coaching staff. Imagine telling Panthers’ legends like Thomas Davis, Ryan Kalil, and Julius Peppers to go out there and tank their last game ever as a Panther. Or even if not explicitly telling them to tank, putting out some overtly half-assed gameplan that clearly insinuated a tank job...all for a few better spots in draft position.

2 hours ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

And ask retiring players Ryan Kalil & Peppers to walk off the field for the last time as "losers"? No thanks.

Didn't realize that the last game of your career decided whether you were a loser or not.  Tough life

Archived