• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I missing something? WR

The only explanation is that the media don't think highly of Wright and Hogan.  Frankly, they need to pay better attention.  While I don't know much about Hogan besides his NE stat line, all Jarius Wright ever did for us was get open, catch the ball and move the chains.  Dude was freaking $$.

The knock on Hogan is that he's just an average receiver that Tom Brady made look better than he really was.

And to be fair, it's not like past Patriot receivers have set the world on fire when they went to other teams. There is some history behind that assumption.

Maybe Hogan is different, but he'll probably have to prove it.

Hogan will be a WR3 at best Maybe even WR4.  Behind Moore/Samuel.  Isn't your WR3 an average receiver typically..by default?

If they were any better, they'd be somewhere getting paid more than WR3 money?

I am pretty content with having an "average WR" for our WR3, ones that have either experience, a niche, etc.  That seems to be the job Hogan/Wright fills.  

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Moore, Samuel, Wright, Smith, Hogan, Olsen, CMC.

Thats plenty to throw to.

pretty much, non panther fans just straight up forget the fact that Greg had 3 1000 yard seasons before he got hurt and more recently McCaffrey has caught over 100 balls last year as a RB. 

They basically make the mistake of only thinking about WRs and not the other positions Cam throws to a ton. 

Honestly I think we are best suited on third downs to go with the following 

4 WR sets

outside - Samuel and either Smith or Hogan

slots- Moore and Wright

RB- CMC 

That is a deadly combination of players, and would spell Olsen too, and allow both Wright and Moore to play their best positions. 

I am very optimistic about our wr corps, but there are many questions.  This is how I believe the national media views our WRs

1.  Curtis Samuel hasnt had a full injury-free season yet as a professional. 

2. DJ Moore is going into his second season, which a lot of times means slump.

3. Hogan is a product of NE and Tom Brady

4. Wright and Smith are Jags

If Samuel and Moore ball out this year, our WR corps will get more attention from the media.

Lets just hope teams sleep on them as much as the media does.

Archived