• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bulter 5th year option ...

sml1950

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Think we need to move on from the Butler experience. 

I don't know if you actually meant to say "experience," because "experiment" is usually used, but it was effective if purposeful or not. So, that was highly amusing, and I think that I'll steal that from you when l want to express a little extra emphasis or disdain for a sub par body of work (particularly, in this case, when juxtaposed against expectations).

I wouldn't take the option now and see how Butler plays out the year, both on and off the field. Sometimes guys who should have been good make a leap in that contract year and finally perform up to the hopes of the team. Even if that happens, though, I'd still think seriously about letting him find greener pastures and bigger paychecks while we grab a comp pick.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't know if you actually meant to say "experience," because "experiment" is usually used, but it was effective if purposeful or not. So, that was highly amusing, and I think that I'll steal that from you when l want to express a little extra emphasis or disdain for a sub par body of work (particularly, in this case, when juxtaposed against expectations).

it was purposeful.  Given he was a first rounder. 

in all honesty, I think I simply stole it from someone talking about an ex

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

Decline 5th year option and best case he surprises us and is useful and we resign, ha, or get a comp pick. Worst case he continues to do nothing for cheap and we move on next year. Not sure what we could get for him anyways and at this point, no one is proven on the Dline moving forward with the switch to 3-4.

if he sucks it up during TC I would say go ahead and cut him before the season starts. Hopefully that isn't the case.

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. Henry isn’t special. Hooper in Atlanta was taken late 3rd and has been better and Ian Thomas can be just as good. Michael Thomas sure but Henry gets way too many accolades around here.

The 2016 draft was crap overall. There were good players, but after the top 9, you had to be lucky. Look at picks 10-31 (NE forfeited their 1st). 22 players selected. 2 good players and 4 decent players and 16 players that are basically busts.

Acting like the 2016 draft was some Mecca and we were the only team with a bad pick is silly. It’s not like 2011 where almost all teams in the top 11 got franchise guys and the Titans and Jags took Locker and Gabbert over Tyron Smith and JJ Watt.

You are about the only person on the Internet that I've seen consistently downplaying Hunter Henry. I guess that it makes you feel better in some perverse sense.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-return-of-hunter-henry-paves-the-way-for-potentially-the-leagues-best-qb-to-te-duo

Sure, "availability is an 'ability'," but we've seen what a then potential great at his position can do when returning from an ACL: become HoF material! Henry was a very good pick, and thousands of fans are eagerly awaiting his return, and rightfully so.

Archived