• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith's Career Highlights | NFL Legends

Car123

3 hours ago, ellis said:

Throwin’ it back to the day when 89 officially became Fred Smoot’s Father. 

2005 Smitty was the best Smitty—productivity AND theatrics.  

546E2418-CB77-4892-9F74-65845816BC9A.gif

I was lucky to be at that game.

He will be our first drafted HOFer.  I would love for anyone to tell me a tougher WR.  5'9" with the biggest chip on his shoulders than any player I have ever seen.  Stiff arm that is legendary and was not going to be denied.  

I miss him and loved watching him play.  He was one of those players you held your breathe because you knew something was going to happen when he touched the ball.

Love Smith.  Most dynamic Panther ever.   What’s always missing from his highlight reals is all the quick 1-2 yard out passes that he would then take it to the house.   He did that often and I think it was either the ‘03 or ‘’05 season he did that like five times.  I want to see all those again.  

5 hours ago, grateflday said:

Love Smith.  Most dynamic Panther ever.   What’s always missing from his highlight reals is all the quick 1-2 yard out passes that he would then take it to the house.   He did that often and I think it was either the ‘03 or ‘’05 season he did that like five times.  I want to see all those again.  

Nearly every time he had a chance to get the ball in his hands, magic happened.  Dude was an unrelenting monster on the field and made sure he outplayed everyone.  Can you imagine if Smith was, taller, bigger and faster?  Thing that made Smitty special was the chip on his shoulder from constantly being told he would not make it in the NFL ( too short, not fast enough ).  Smith took it upon himself to prove everyone wrong, every single play.  Even when people were telling him that he was the best in the game and possibly one of the greatest of all time, it still was never enough for him. We will never again see a player with the ferocity that Smith brought to the field.  How people call themselves Panthers fans and somehow hate Smith is beyond me.  Dude had anger issues, its well known but its part of who he was and what made him so great on the field.  

18 hours ago, Wolfpredator said:

How people call themselves Panthers fans and somehow hate Smith is beyond me.  Dude had anger issues, its well known but its part of who he was and what made him so great on the field.  

I don't hate him but the guy was a poo teammate despite being one of the best in the game. He was no different than any other superstar WR with drama.

11 minutes ago, bleedsgreenandgold said:

I don't hate him but the guy was a poo teammate despite being one of the best in the game. He was no different than any other superstar WR with drama.

You must be from the crowd that isn't even old enough to know about greatness of number 89 and say things you have no clue what you are talking about.

4 hours ago, bleedsgreenandgold said:

Difference with Smith was that he wasn't looking for the limelight just because, he was trying to win. A lot of times he was the only one on the field who seemed to give a damn. He was a bad teammate to Ken Lucas for sure, but most of his "drama" was just trash talking opponents and calling guys out for not doing enough.

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Difference with Smith was that he wasn't looking for the limelight just because, he was trying to win. A lot of times he was the only one on the field who seemed to give a damn. He was a bad teammate to Ken Lucas for sure, but most of his "drama" was just trash talking opponents and calling guys out for not doing enough.

This.  He was actually the opposite of the typical drama queen WR.  I think he just played with a lot of passion and practiced the same way.  

Archived