• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone please calm my expectations

KillaCamNewton

11 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Im 25 years old. My dad took me to games during the inaugural season at Clemson and the family has had PSLs since the first season at Ericsson Stadium. The only game ive missed either on tv or in person in probably the last 10 years was a Thursday night game in 2012 against the Giants because i took my girlfriend to a Jason Aldean concert. My expectations have never been higher going into a season. For years we have surrounded Cam with CFL level at skill positions and refused to put a formidable offensive line in front of him. Looking at it now, we have an all pro level running back that can carry an offense himself, 2 young game breaker receivers, two solid possession receivers, a hall of famer at tight end, and ON PAPER the best OLine since at least 2013. Not only that but one of the best offensive minds ever calling the plays. On defense we added one of the best lineman of the decade to pair with another pro bowler, still have the best linebacker of the generation, added a stud pass rusher, and look to have 2 solid young corners to round out the secondary. We also got Rivera (who despite his short comings as a head coach is one of the best defensive minds ever) running the defense. 

I know the health of Cam and Olsen are two huge wildcards, but am I wrong to think this should be the best team, top to bottom, that weve ever fielded?

I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really do, but I'm going to stay consistent with my take on expectations, and temper my excitement. Somewhere between the third and seventh weeks, we will truly find out where this team stands---how it compares to the competition. We have made some solid moves during the off-season though, about as solid as I've ever seen really, so unlike '15 I don't see us falling apart if we get to the Super Bowl because real investments have been made as opposed to dice-gambles. If injuries are kept at bay, we should have a real shot based upon moves on paper.

One more thing, by the way, I really think Luke is the best of any generation.

14 hours ago, bigdavis said:

I'm over 3 times your age, and I feel the same way.

No need to calm down.  Just enjoy the ride.

IMO, every assessment you made was accurate.  The only caution to over-optimism is potential injury -- but that can happen to any team, or player.

An ~80 year old using the acronym IMO. Impressive.

6 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Honestly, didn't really get all that excited in 2017 when we made the playoffs. Knew NO had our number and we kind of limped our way in there. 

Might be different this time around, but I'm serious when I say that 2015 broke me. I can't get to that level of hype about the panthers any more. 

It really did feel like our chance that year. But the way everyone around Charlotte wrote off the Broncos, I knew we were screwed.

4 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

It really did feel like our chance that year. But the way everyone around Charlotte wrote off the Broncos, I knew we were screwed.

The Broncos were in the Super Bowl 2 years earlier with the best offense in the league and they got destroyed by Seattle. Then they go back against us with very different results. I think the same thing would happen if we can get back there. And the easiest road is to win your conference and with 2 home playoff wins you are in the Superbowl.

It was the first Superbowl for most of our guys and we weren't prepared much like the Rams last year. I know the outcome will be different if Cam and the boys make it back.

Yeah, not gonna be the one to curb your expectations... too much to be excited for.....

Absolutely understand where CrakaMc is coming from.. can almost relate it to my younger days & how them girls I first had sex with must of felt.... The first, ‘96 NFCCG, I didn’t know what to expect, and BAM! It was just over before thye knew it.. the next time, I tried to enjoy it, was slow & steady, the Jake years, and it felt great for a few minutes only to see it end in their disappointmnt..... then, after a few more years of on & off the same, came the 2015 season where they straight got fugged.......

To be fair, I’ma couplafew citrusinensis’ deep, hope that was intelligible......

Archived