• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper V. Richardson

Things are different under owner David Tepper than they were under Jerry Richardson, and the line between wants and needs is easier to cross.

“It can be analytics, it can be just the way you’re thinking, it’s process management, it’s not being afraid to make mistakes,” Tepper said this week, via Erik Spanberg of the Charlotte Business Journal. “There was probably a culture afraid to make mistakes there [under the previous owner]. Sometimes you have to make a mistake to do great things — you can’t be afraid of making mistakes.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/13/panthers-owner-you-cant-be-afraid-of-making-mistakes/

I love it! Change in attitude, change in results? I believe so over time.

51 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Seen earlier, that Tep is giving some coin to help build railways to Raleigh and Winston Salem. Thats fuggin AWESOME!! And serious dedication to getting fans to the games

Interesting. I didn’t see anything about him pitching in money. I did see him say he really wanted NC to connect clt - Winston - Raleigh with high speed rail. 

Thank you Jerry for the team. Sorry you loved feet and jeans. 

Thank you David for not moving the team to Honduras. Please continue to be a relatively relatable multibillionaire, and please start taking a blowtorch to this detestable division.

Destroy Sean Payton—he’s one more playoff calamity away from a summer of “wreckless life choices”. Put that old fart Bruce Arians in a home where he belonged in 2015. Give Matt Ryan the pounding he deserves, while that gif-friendly ghoul of an owner patrols the sidelines in shame. Make it hurt. Take it personal and take this division back.

That’s what I care about. It’s all fans really should care about. Slogans and tailgate appearances mean a lot, and go a long way in branding goodwill with your customers. But you damn well better not be the doormat in this division much longer. Because like it or not, nothing will feel good if that’s the deal.

I dont care about, the past, slogans or pithy sayings. Prove the culture is different. Do whatever it takes to win. If a coach has to go, fire him. Same for the GM. If we need a player, go get them. Winning cures everything. Nice press sayings dont.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

this is very bland, unoriginal corporate speak fyi

but when you are used to hearing corporate speak from the front office that would have been archaic 30 years ago, this is refreshing.

Archived