• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charleston Riot

WarHeel

So I’ve accepted a position with another company and the wife and I are uprooting next month and headed to the greater Charleston area. Any panther fans in the area? If so, what’re your favorite places to dine, grab a beer, hang out, watch games, etc?

I moved to Charleston last year. Decent amount of panther support but tons of northerners, Steelers & patriot fans etc. 

If you're a betting man you'll want to hit up 'the sports book' in North Charleston. My personal favorite is the shem creek area,  Reds ice house does all you can eat crab legs for Thursday night games with decent beer specials. There's a ton of options for bars downtown on King st, quite a few heavy Panthers supporters.

Good to have another panther fan coming to town. Safe travels!

Heck yeah....  my son and I are huge Panther fans.  Shem creek is a great spot.  I personally like Saltwater Cowboys a lot (even though I might be a few years older than the average individual).  Reds is cool too.  Shem creek is of course "east of the cooper" and if you live downtown or "west of the ashley" (or John's Island, James Island etc) a little bit of a drive.  Folly Beach is cool too and you can get great food almost anywhere you go.  Lots of upscale dining options downtown, also great BBQ (Rodney's BBQ, and Lewis BBQ are pretty famous).  And, if fishing is your thing.......  Charleston is the place to be....

PS I prefer to watch games at home...  no distractions, nobody to get annoyed with.... it's what it is....

I live in Mt Pleasant and usually go to Hometeam downtown Charleston for games.  Usually a pretty good crowd of panthers fans and a good environment.   There will be a lot of fans of other teams as well.

Local 616 is packed with panthers fans for games and I think may be like the official watch party each Sunday.

another cool spot to watch is Carolina Ale House.  It’s a rooftop sports bar downtown.  

I’m the manager at The Alley Charleston downtown and I always have the Panthers on our projectors with audio. There really isn’t a Panthers only bar downtown unfortunately. Closest thing would probably be Local 616.

Zack, your post doesn't include the link, just a picture.  Here it is:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1794486527300464/

From last season:

Panthers fans, a.k.a. The Downtown Charleston Roaring Riot will be meeting every game at Tommy Condon's. Not only can you enjoy the game, but you can also enjoy these football friendly deals: half off wings on Mondays, half off burgers on Tuesdays, and half off appetizers on Thursdays.

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/where-to-watch-your-favorite-nfl-teams-in-charleston-during-the-2018-19-season/Content?oid=21970413

redit mentions a "chuktown riot" but I can't find anything else on them.

5 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Zack, your post doesn't include the link, just a picture.  Here it is:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1794486527300464/

From last season:

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/where-to-watch-your-favorite-nfl-teams-in-charleston-during-the-2018-19-season/Content?oid=21970413

redit mentions a "chuktown riot" but I can't find anything else on them.

You had me at “half-priced wings”

21 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

I’m the manager at The Alley Charleston downtown and I always have the Panthers on our projectors with audio. There really isn’t a Panthers only bar downtown unfortunately. Closest thing would probably be Local 616.

Tepper will be building a Panthers only bar soon.. count on it

Archived