• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 guys you never heard of that could make the team

Jeremy Igo

Here are three guys getting zero air time that have a shot.

Former Appalachian State center Parker Collins finds himself on a team that may decide to keep a little more depth at center given the injury history of starter Paradis. Collins spent the NFL offseason playing for the Atlanta Legends of the AAF where he played well enough to earn a training camp invitation. Should Collins not crack the final roster, I feel he could be a shoe in for a practice squad position where he could still be a backup center injury contingency.

Brandon Greene is another player invited to training camp after a solid AAF performance. At Alabama, Greene was an athletic guy that spent time at both guard and offensive line and contributed to two national championships. He is currently listed at 6’5 and 295lbs which puts him squarely in the mix at guard for the Panthers. The Panthers love athletic guards that can pull to the outside for Christian McCaffrey and Cam Newton. Greene could have the athleticism in this regard to earn himself a jersey.

Tight End Ethan Wolf from the Tennessee Volunteers earned a training camp invitation after trying out for the Panthers during their rookie camp earlier this year. I have a soft spot in my heart for players who work their way into an NFL training camp. It speaks to their resolve, something that must be calculated into their chances to make the team. With Greg Olsen once again coming off of a foot injury, the Carolina Panthers know they must keep a pipeline of tight ends. Wolf could become that third string tight end that also contributes on special teams.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:01 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Here are three guys getting zero air time that have a shot.

Former Appalachian State center Parker Collins finds himself on a team that may decide to keep a little more depth at center given the injury history of starter Paradis. Collins spent the NFL offseason playing for the Atlanta Legends of the AAF where he played well enough to earn a training camp invitation. Should Collins not crack the final roster, I feel he could be a shoe in for a practice squad position where he could still be a backup center injury contingency.

Brandon Greene is another player invited to training camp after a solid AAF performance. At Alabama, Greene was an athletic guy that spent time at both guard and offensive line and contributed to two national championships. He is currently listed at 6’5 and 295lbs which puts him squarely in the mix at guard for the Panthers. The Panthers love athletic guards that can pull to the outside for Christian McCaffrey and Cam Newton. Greene could have the athleticism in this regard to earn himself a jersey.

Tight End Ethan Wolf from the Tennessee Volunteers earned a training camp invitation after trying out for the Panthers during their rookie camp earlier this year. I have a soft spot in my heart for players who work their way into an NFL training camp. It speaks to their resolve, something that must be calculated into their chances to make the team. With Greg Olsen once again coming off of a foot injury, the Carolina Panthers know they must keep a pipeline of tight ends. Wolf could become that third string tight end that also contributes on special teams.

Parker is a quality player with a mean streak. I haven't seen his work since he's been in the NFL but he is a mauler in the run game at any level. Pass blocking is likely his deficiency and the reason he has bounced around. Dude can also kick out to guard. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, Captain Morgan said:

can't see Wolf beating out Manhertz, but anythings possible.  Just good to talk football again.

IDK, if Wolff can block, he'd be in. Manhertz is not a great nor good pass catching TE. He can barely block well and I have a hard time finding reasons why he is on the team tbh. Upgrading our TE3 would be a great thing in the long run. I'm anxious to see how Ian has developed in the offseason.

Archived