• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holyfield .......... winning a footrace to the end zone.

Sasquatch

Some people have their extra gear in games that just doesn’t show up in testing or practice. There are guys that are slower than their 4.4 times just the same.  I don’t know if it’s stress or thinking too much or what, but they are slower on the field. The guys that are faster it’s like the stress wakes them up and they stop thinking too much.

47 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Some people have their extra gear in games that just doesn’t show up in testing or practice. There are guys that are slower than their 4.4 times just the same.  I don’t know if it’s stress or thinking too much or what, but they are slower on the field. The guys that are faster it’s like the stress wakes them up and they stop thinking too much.

I have a buddy who was a college RB and he called it "competitive speed." He also said it in a much more quotable way, "If we're even, I'm leavin'."

1 hour ago, bobcat91 said:

And Reid stuffed CAP at the goal line. Again, why do we want CAP on the team sitting the bench? 

But but but CAP,.. the favorite guy on the team is always the unsung backup,..

until they play,..

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

https://www.panthers.com/news/2019-fan-fest-observations-cam-newton-and-curtis-samuel-put-on-a-show

4.78 sec 40 yards at the combine, who did he win this footrace against? 

He won it against one of the backup safeties.   Seriously though, this was one of the most impressive runs of the night.  The reason is Holyfield in college had issue in not pressing the line of scrimmage enough.  This was outstanding.  He pressed the line which drew the LBs up and had a really good lateral jump cut to then get to the outside. It wasn’t a blown play by the D.  This is the play that made me say there is a competition for the 3rd be spot.  I was like warm in Holyfield before I saw him in action.  He may not hav great speed but he does have power and agility.  

Still they they keep the VET.  And he goes to the PS.  Hopefully he can ball out in preseason. 

Archived