• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holyfield props?

chknwing

25 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I dont know what the hell you guys are watching but CAP was the best RB on the field for CAR last night. I have literally no idea where the CAP hate comes from. He showed good change of direction and finished runs. Caught a tough ball on a tipped pass too. I just dont get his criticism. Holyfield looked ok in spots....but he pretty much let Chicago back in the game. Yeah he had two tds and the last run was decent. But he only had 39 yards on 11 touches.

5 rushes for 8 yards, 1.6 yards per carry

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

No hate towards CAP, I like him, he just doesn't get the touches I think all of us thinks he should get.  The coached just don't give him the ball for whatever reason.

I just read someone post that they were "done" with the CAP experiment. It's like what are you talking about. The guy was like a 7th round pick. Hes vastly exceeded expectation. Experiment was a success.

I'd much rather have CAP than Holyfield on the roster this year. Easily.  And I am no CAP fan.  CAP knows the system.  Has NFL reps.  Is a better overall RB.  No real point stashing Holyfield either.  The ceiling doesn't really look to exist for him. 

we kind a fugged ourselves IMO.  We should of used Anderson more last year.  Not overused CMC last year.  Anderson was a strong compliment to CMC's style and a good player.  We let him and go and then suddenly were like you know what we need....a Anderson type back to take some work off of CMC. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'd much rather have CAP than Holyfield on the roster this year. Easily.  And I am no CAP fan.  CAP knows the system.  Has NFL reps.  Is a better overall RB.  No real point stashing Holyfield either.  The ceiling doesn't really look to exist for him. 

we kind a fugged ourselves IMO.  We should of used Anderson more last year.  Not overused CMC last year.  Anderson was a strong compliment to CMC's style and a good player.  We let him and go and then suddenly were like you know what we need....a Anderson type back to take some work off of CMC. 

The issue with Anderson obviously wasn't the type of player but more likely the type of person / chemistry. Two teams after us either  cut or didn't resign.  Even after playing well for LA it took a while for him to find another spot.

CAP is a vet, a soon to be 30 year old vet (25 in his rookie year) who over the past 4 seasons has never been more than a healthy scratch. Now I can't comment on his level of talent since he so rarely played for us, however; the ceilings for Scarlett, Holyfield, and Bonnafon are higher. 

I'm perfectly fine with the youth behind CMC, over CAP returning again. Aside from that all reports out of camp surrounded Jordan Scarlett as the No. 2, if he's already lost that spot you might as well move up Holyfield to No. 3, and keep Bonnafon on the PS. 

Neither Holyfield (9 carries, 2.9 ypc) or CAP (5 carries, 1.6 ypc) had a better night on the ground that Bonnafon ( 4 carries, 5.8 ypc). We were starting our depth so I will take ypc averages with a grain of salt. -- https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401128176

Nobody hates CAP. We just realize that if he was ever gonna pop in this league, he'd have been more than he has. We should have traded him for something a few years ago.

I may be wrong but I think I remember hearing CMC was in on 92% of our offensive plays last year. Not only is that incredible, but it means he's proven he's durable and can handle that workload. I don't recall ever seeing him gassed.

The system(s) CAP has been in aren't really around anymore since Norv got here. He's aging, and has simply been collecting a check for a while. I don't think that is his fault, and I don't blame him for it. But we have guys that are better in our system behind him.

When healthy, Fozzy even got the nod over CAP in most cases. Holyfield reminds me of Fozzy a bit. Scarlett is an unknown to me at this point, other than the reports I've been hearing/reading/seeing on college tape.

CAP is just a known commodity that is losing value the older he gets. Give him a chance to sign on elsewhere.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Once we let Anderson go or maybe decided he wasn't a fit CAP should have been touches CMC should have been reduced. Split carries I thought a 2bk running sytem would have been good  but they just kept running CMC . Last yr was a good as any time to see what CAP could do. He doesn't have much wear on his tires even in college.

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

He did ok.  Had a couple TDs where he had to make 1 guy miss on each.  But if you turn the ball over on this team, Rivera will send your ass to the bench for at least 3 weeks.  I need to see more, especially ball security.  

This sums it up for me.  The only thing I would add is that I expect a rookie UDFA to cough up the ball early.  If you get steady improvement and the ball protection is still there in week 4 we might have something.

He bounced back well. You can see he fights hard and is a good guy to have around. I think he ends up on PS. I didn't see anything else exceptional about him. That may change as preseason goes, but once Scarlett gets back we'll have a better place to compare. I don't believe in the vet vs rookie idea. They bring in competition every year for CAP, but none of them have ever been much better to make it worth the change. Scarlett might have the best chance so far to replace CAP. But, we'll see how the injury goes.

8 hours ago, Bronn said:

Nobody hates CAP. We just realize that if he was ever gonna pop in this league, he'd have been more than he has. We should have traded him for something a few years ago.

I may be wrong but I think I remember hearing CMC was in on 92% of our offensive plays last year. Not only is that incredible, but it means he's proven he's durable and can handle that workload. I don't recall ever seeing him gassed.

The system(s) CAP has been in aren't really around anymore since Norv got here. He's aging, and has simply been collecting a check for a while. I don't think that is his fault, and I don't blame him for it. But we have guys that are better in our system behind him.

When healthy, Fozzy even got the nod over CAP in most cases. Holyfield reminds me of Fozzy a bit. Scarlett is an unknown to me at this point, other than the reports I've been hearing/reading/seeing on college tape.

CAP is just a known commodity that is losing value the older he gets. Give him a chance to sign on elsewhere.

I'm not sure I buy the Cap is old argument. Dude has a lot of tread on the tires. Hasnt been a feature back so he hasnt had 1000 carries. I thought he looked quick. I did think the Bears Dline got the best of our O line in that first quarter. Also he didnt turn the ball over. Holyfield's tds came against 3rd string competition. When he was in against the competition CAP faced he coughed it up.

That said I like Holyfield. I think he has good character and definitely is a specimen. I just dont think hes where he needs to be this year. Cap needs to be here another year.

Archived