• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holyfield props?

chknwing

I'm just not sure what our depth chart even looks like at RB:

CMC, CAP, Bonnafon, Scarlett, Holyfield

That seems a little slim at the position considering the following: CAP never gets touches, Scarlett didn't play last night, Bonnafon is an unknown although he had a couple of flashes last night, Holyfield redeemed himself. If CMC (GOD FORBID) goes down we are in some trouble in my opinion at RB. 

Am I wrong in this? Maybe I'm missing something.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

That seems a little slim at the position considering the following: CAP never gets touches, Scarlett didn't play last night, Bonnafon is an unknown although he had a couple of flashes last night, Holyfield redeemed himself. If CMC (GOD FORBID) goes down we are in some trouble in my opinion at RB. 

We will get JStew on the line

/s

Our run game as a whole kinda stunk last night...but I liked Holyfield making some plays in the pass game. Especially since (according to the announcers at least) the coaches instructed him that his hands needed some work and so he took that criticism and stayed late every day catching passes from the JUGS machine...and it showed. That kind of work ethic and mentality makes me think he’ll only get better but it also means he might be an ideal candidate for the practice squad. Unfortunately he’ll probably always be hindered somewhat by his athleticism...he definitely looked faster than 4.78 out there but he will never be an incredibly speedy guy. 

I've been saying it'll be CMC, Scarlett, Holyfield on the final roster at RB for a while.

The only thing from last night that made me have second thoughts on that was that I forgot that CAP can return kicks. That gives him some value over the other guys, but IIRC Scarlett might be able to do that too.

If so, there's no reason to keep CAP around. We don't really need a backup if CMC is healthy. We showed it with Anderson last year. If something happens to CMC, we may bring Bonnafon up or sign a JAG, but I feel comfortable at this point with Scarlett and Holyfield.

46 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Can't be any worse than in 2014 when the Panthers were literally signing guys off the street to start at RB. Who remembers Chris Ogbonnaya?

I dont know what the hell you guys are watching but CAP was the best RB on the field for CAR last night. I have literally no idea where the CAP hate comes from. He showed good change of direction and finished runs. Caught a tough ball on a tipped pass too. I just dont get his criticism. Holyfield looked ok in spots....but he pretty much let Chicago back in the game. Yeah he had two tds and the last run was decent. But he only had 39 yards on 11 touches.

14 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I dont know what the hell you guys are watching but CAP was the best RB on the field for CAR last night. I have literally no idea where the CAP hate comes from. He showed good change of direction and finished runs. Caught a tough ball on a tipped pass too. I just dont get his criticism. Holyfield looked ok in spots....but he pretty much let Chicago back in the game. Yeah he had two tds and the last run was decent. But he only had 39 yards on 11 touches.

No hate towards CAP, I like him, he just doesn't get the touches I think all of us thinks he should get.  The coached just don't give him the ball for whatever reason.

Archived