• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One concerning note after hearing the Bills slant from joint practice

ncfan

11 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Overreacting would be if it happened a couple times during a particular season.

This has been going on for a while now, and anyone that knows football knows it's an easy fix.

I think there are a couple guys (maybe even 3) in the panther org that “know football”. If it were that easy of a fix this thread would not exist.  

Just now, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think there are a couple guys (maybe even 3) in the panther org that “know football”. If it were that easy of a fix this thread would not exist.  

Cant be that hard

31 other teams never have this issue.  Yet ours persists for 5+ seasons

1 hour ago, ellis said:

The bigger issue for Carolina was inability to separate vs their corners. Buffalo has tremendous athleticism in the secondary and with their linebackers, and all the coaching in the world can’t coach that. 

Thought Samuel was consistently wide open?

2 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I haven’t consulted the google but someone earlier in the thread we were tied for 2nd in delay of game penalties.  Might be a bigger problem than we realize.  

But again pointed out by the next poster, how many more would we have if we didnt burn those timeouts avoiding it.

Guaranteed we were far and away the leader had we not taken the timeouts to avoid it.  We always have no timeouts at the end of the half because we burned them on stupid issues like this

15 minutes ago, bull123 said:

I’ve always said roll him out...if he could throw on the run he WOULD be unstoppable 

I've never been a fan of rolling QBs out.   No point having a fraction of the field be in play...especially w/ a QB w/ Cam's arm. 

Slow no huddle Cam is the best Cam.    

2 hours ago, KneelingCamFan said:

He was on WFNZ this morning and was pretty complimentary for the most part...He said that he thought Williams gave us the best chance at LT and is an upgrade from Chris Clark and said that the OL should be a lot better than last year.  He also said that Daley has been working at Guard and Tackle the last few days..i really hope we may have found a diamond in the rough with him.  

WFNZ

I'm still baffled why the coaching staff isn't playing Moton at LT and Williams at RT. Both looked solid at those spots in the time we saw them. I know Moton is a beast at RT, but I would rather have a solid LT and RT than a mediocre LT and amazing RT. 

27 minutes ago, t96 said:

Thought Samuel was consistently wide open?

Nobody was “consistently wide open” yesterday. Torrey Smith got behind a blown coverage and was wide open, and Samuel got behind their secondary in a hurry-up drill.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

So, have the offense set by 15 seconds, burn another 10-12 seconds with window dressing or hard count. Snap early in the count often enough to keep the defense on it's heels.

One of my favorite under rated plays for the Falcons was a few years ago in a no huddle, 2 minute situation, there was a deep pass completed, and all 5 OLinemen ran together as one and set up for the next play. It was fun. Don't get to see it happening often on TV because what the OLine does isn't as exciting as QB/WRs/Commentators.

They probably know Cam would prefer to play faster. If they gave him the play earlier we'd probably be playing faster. They can control the pace from the sideline by delaying the call coming in.

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

I've never been a fan of rolling QBs out.   No point having a fraction of the field be in play...especially w/ a QB w/ Cam's arm. 

Slow no huddle Cam is the best Cam.    

Thing is, when Cam is healthy, it doesn't eliminate half the field, and , considering how defensive players are going to move towards Cam when he rolls out, should be some easy throws there.

54 minutes ago, ncfan said:

But again pointed out by the next poster, how many more would we have if we didnt burn those timeouts avoiding it.

Guaranteed we were far and away the leader had we not taken the timeouts to avoid it.  We always have no timeouts at the end of the half because we burned them on stupid issues like this

Why would you think that considering other teams also take timeouts to avoid penalties. Newton has always been slow working the huddle.

We were also tied for second least overall penalties for those implying we are not disciplined.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They probably know Cam would prefer to play faster. If they gave him the play earlier we'd probably be playing faster. They can control the pace from the sideline by delaying the call coming in.

Really? Are you being sarcastic here?

Archived