• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official LA Rams at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread!

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Byrdman4real said:

Thank you someone thinking. 

This lost is on the Coaching. Head coach and offensive coordinator 

Especially that terrible series after bradberry's pick, that killed us. We could have easily taken the lead or at least tied it up on that series.

You’ll be reading and seeing a lot of “winners and losers” and “game grades” stuff tonight. I’m not telling you avoid it. My experience is that most of that stuff stays very high-level and dances around unexamined details.

I promise you I’ll take a really hard look at the game tape again tonight, and an even deeper look in a couple days with the all22. It’s not my job to give people grades or assign people a winner or loser label 3 hours after the game. The loser today was the Carolina Panthers, and the grade is incomplete. I’m always more interested in the moments and specifics that led to these bad or good grades.

Bear with me for a little while and I will get that out to y’all as soon as possible. There’s a lot to unpack, and I not all of it is bad.

I think we're really hurts about Week 1 losses is you've been so long without a meaningful game, you've suffered through the preseason, you built up all the anticipation of finally watching your team play in a game that counts...

And...yeah :omg:

It's like spending all night camping out to get tickets to a concert and then having it suck.

Anticipation and disappointment have an inverse relationship. The higher the one takes you, the deeper the other buries you.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think we're really hurts about Week 1 losses is you've been so long without a meaningful game, you've suffered through the preseason, you built up all the anticipation of finally watching your team play in a game that counts...

And...yeah :omg:

It's like spending all night camping out to get tickets to a concert and then having it suck.

Anticipation and disappointment have an inverse relationship. The higher the one takes you, the deeper the other buries you.

For my own personal sanity, I take a different approach than I did maybe five years ago. I care as much about the success of the Panthers as anybody I know, but I also care about understanding the how and the why of each game. So, if and when they lose a game, like today, I just bear down and look for answers, which leads to content that I hope helps make sense of the result. When they win, same thing, just in a better mood. 

But yes, I totally get that. Opening day is always a big deal. Last year was a big win against a playoff team, and they won one the year before that on the road. The rest of the division really sucks right now, at least they did today. That always eases the blow.

Archived