• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IF we make the coaching change at end of year, who do you want?

ncfan

One name I am mulling over and would like to hear reactions to: Bob Stoops.  Problem is I think he would be 60 by then and his background is on the defense, but looking at some of his Oklahoma teams, one would not know that.  Realistically, you could get eight or nine years out of him, but he could change the culture in that time. 

I'm not saying I want him, just wondering. 

Bieniemy is worth serious consideration.

Offensive minded coach that is a fan and student of the game. I'm done with the ra ra BS, I want a brain involved. I would also like the HC and GM to cover each other's weaknesses and make a good team. Ron and Hurney are each others enablers and I despise it.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not absolutely convinced Cam gets a year to prove himself to a new GM.

If Cam doesn't have a miraculous turn around he'll retire or get released at end of season.

L Riley or Bienemy top the list for head coach. 

Doesn't matter who new GM is, we'll hate him sooner than later.

You want a candidate out of left field? Bronco Mendenhall, HC UVa. While I don't think the NFL is his 'thing'., he's high on analytics, everything in his program is measured and his motto is 'Earned, not given'. That's the anti-Rivera. Prior to last season (his third at UVa) he lamented only having 27 'ACC caliber players', (understandable after recruiting primarily Mormons and the West Coast, while at BYU, though he's bucking that trend. They have a freshman RB who would have placed in the top 6 in 4 events in the last NFL combine). Players earn different colored workout gear, based on how they test on combine type events. 

Archived