• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints are 1-1...

Cary Kollins

29 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Which means I expect a lot of infuriating bull poo from Ron like “mathematically we are still in the playoff picture”.

sigh

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Do you want Ron to concede this season? 

I certainly don't. I want this team to make the playoffs. I dont care what the circumstances are.

We have 14 games left. I'm glad Brees is going to miss time. He's not going to die or be impaired in anyway permanently. 

I hope he's out for the year. If Ryan goes down even better.

We are stuck with Rivera for the rest of this year no matter what. I'm hoping for the best 

Otherwise why even watch or care. If you hate Rivera that much just hope for the worst and sit it out until January.

I just can't onboard with that 

Just now, onmyown said:

Yay maybe we will get lucky and a real In again 7-9

It’s only been two weeks but seriously how do you see this Panthers team doing in the playoffs.

the playoffs isn’t our/the super bowl guys let’s not stoop to that level

sneak in*

10 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

literally baffling at how people want this team to somehow make the playoffs, get dominated, and have ron come back for another year.

I want Rivera to make the playoffs bc I'm invested in being a Panthers fan and want to see them succeed.

I don't think making the playoffs is a guarantee Rivera is still the coach next year by any stretch.

What's baffling is why a fan would want to see their fan fail.

Nobody knows what the league will look like come Week 17. There has already been a lot of attrition these first 2 weeks.

Who knows what the Panthers will look like at the end of the year.

I honestly just dont understand why someone would waste their time watching and investing in a team just to hope for failure.

Only 1 out 32 teams will win the Super Bowl. Does this team look like a Super Bowl team right now?

Of course not... but things can change dramatically in 4 months. 

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you think failure is the best option for the team this year, so be it.

Why even log on for the next 4 months though? 

3 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I want Rivera to make the playoffs bc I'm invested in being a Panthers fan and want to see them succeed.

I don't think making the playoffs is a guarantee Rivera is still the coach next year by any stretch.

What's baffling is why a fan would want to see their fan fail.

Nobody knows what the league will look like come Week 17. There has already been a lot of attrition these first 2 weeks.

Who knows what the Panthers will look like at the end of the year.

I honestly just dont understand why someone would waste their time watching and investing in a team just to hope for failure.

Only 1 out 32 teams will win the Super Bowl. Does this team look like a Super Bowl team right now?

Of course not... but things can change dramatically in 4 months. 

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you think failure is the best option for the team this year, so be it.

Why even log on for the next 4 months though? 

People are just tired on the one and done thing. Making the playoffs doesn’t mean you deserve to be there. Like the 7-9 season or playing the cardinal’s third string back up being the few playoff wins under Rivera outside of 2015.

Sure we can say hey we aren’t the browns or dolphins this year let’s be grateful! But I mean what’s the point in that?

And god forbid sneaking in the playoffs with a crap one and done coached team convince Tepper to extend this staff who is clearly at the end of their run.

It’d be different if this was a new staff and system with lower expectations but it’s been almost a decade of the same thing.

its extremely rare a staff stays around this long with only a few examples in the league and those are very successful franchises

11 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

literally baffling at how people want this team to somehow make the playoffs, get dominated, and have ron come back for another year.

This! In the NBA, owners don’t fall for this crap. If you are a team who just always happens to make the playoffs but never to the dance, coaches get fired. NFL seems to be that making the playoffs is just good enough to keep dead weight coaches around forever

I'm just tired of hearing that bit. Having to state you are still in the hunt to your own fans is like saying we are not as bad as we look constantly. That's my rub from Ron. How about, we will get our crap together and show competency instead of hanging on to the fact we are not dead in the water in week 3.

We have issues. Work on those and worry about the playoffs later. If you take care of business then we can have that talk. I'm freaking tired of stearing at the carrot like someday it will be ours. Do you job or GTFO.

Anything can happen but if change does not start first, we dont need to be talking playoffs. That is where we are and what the Saints do has little meaning for where we are as a team, even if it can have implications later in the year.

Archived