• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unbelievable CMC Stat

Castavar

15 minutes ago, ACobra289 said:

I had the #1 pick in one of my fantasy leagues. I took Barkley.

Feel free to mock me.

I have about 40 best ball teams and took CMC in every league along with lots of Chris Godwin and Lamar Jackson. I’m printing money.

But my fantasy highlight today was in my main home league. I had Will Fuller (217 yards and 3 TDs) Chris Godwin (125 yards and 2 TDs) and Aaron Jones (100+ total yards and 4 TDs) 

I have 190 points and still have Nick Chubb left to go! xD

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

That's insane. Last week Nick Chubb reached 21.95 miles per hour; the fastest of any ball carrier (up until this week) on a scoring play and the second fastest on any play by any ball carrier. Tyreke Hill also only reached 21.95 all of last season. CMC matched em. He's almost fast enough to get a ticket in a school zone just running :omg:

CMC is actually fast enough to get a ticket in a school zone.   

The Panthers organization/Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools should get CMC to do a public service announcement/commercial where he has to slow down as he approaches a school zone to commemorate this achievement.  

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

What’s perhaps the most impressive about that speed is it’s obviously something he worked on this offseason. 

The ONLY complaint about him last year was that he couldn’t quite turn the burners on and break the long ones. He was getting caught down field.

One offseason later and he’s flat out flying for 84 yarders. It feels amazing to have players on this team that put the work in the way we have. CMC, Luke, Burns, Reid, Moore. These dudes. I love this team 

he specifically said in off-season interviews that he was working with an expert for speed / sprinting training.

Pretty much every off-season he finds a major weakness in his game and corrects it. after his rookie season it was mainly strength focused and after his second season it was mainly speed/explosiveness focused along with adding more strength. 

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

he specifically said in off-season interviews that he was working with an expert for speed / sprinting training.

Pretty much every off-season he finds a major weakness in his game and corrects it. after his rookie season it was mainly strength focused and after his second season it was mainly speed/explosiveness focused along with adding more strength. 

I love it. At this rate he’s gonna be leading the league in sacks somehow next season 

23 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Wonder if it was our old friend Don Beebe. He does something like that.

38 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

CMC is actually fast enough to get a ticket in a school zone.   

I'm fast enough to get a ticket for parking in a handicap spot.

Actually, I'm probably not even that fast anymore :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

OP you should fill out the intro post with more stats. There's a ton more than just the one you mentioned. Like this one : 

CMC's 866 yards from scrimmage to open the season is the second-most in NFL history since 1950, behind only Jim Brown's 988 in 1963, per NFL Research.

Watched the game with a track and field guy that has two championship rings.....he doesn't watch much football, but wants to get into the Panthers.

When CMC hit that long one, the first thing he said was, "he's been training with some legit track guys, the way he runs isn't normal, it's just about perfect".

Was kinda cool to hear.  Also said he knew faster guys, and pulled up CMC's college stats and he was better in a few different relays or whatever, but he couldn't believe how fast he moved side to side, that was something he wasn't accustomed to seeing.

18 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Next Gen Stats said McCaffrey reached a speed of close to 22 miles per hour on that long touchdown run.

When I heard that, I wondered for a moment just how many miles per hour I could run right now.

But after giving it a little thought...

10b7f7402d95117924a35f33bdde48e9.gif

22 mph is absolutely insane. I actually run a lot, and I don't think I could do much more than 13-14 mph.

17 hours ago, ACobra289 said:

I had the #1 pick in one of my fantasy leagues. I took Barkley.

Feel free to mock me.

Barkley is still an amazingly talented RB and a workhorse. Lots of the "best RB" comparisons I've seen this year have said CMC is the best of the guys who are healthy, knowing that Saquon isn't.

18 hours ago, stbugs said:

On pace for 320ish carries which while a lot isn’t a crazy amount. I think we’ll see fewer carries but he’ll still get high 200s. Getting 2000 total yards seems like a good possibility if he can stay healthy.

First thing. I don't know as much as other on this forum. So maybe this is stupid. Anyway.

You are correct, it's not crazy much. But when you check the snap count, the %, thats another story. Well, I think, have not checked how much other top rb snap count is.

But people focus to much on carries and  rec/targets. He block and run routes routes even if not given the ball. He played 64 snap per game this year, sat out ~11 last game(cramp?). Was it 98-99% last year, almost the same this year.

Instead of "100%" of the snaps, play 90% and they don't even need to take away carries.  Reduce to 80-75% and they need to give RB2 a few carries and rec/targets. Even without Cmc on the field, the other team need to stay just as focused on the short pass or typical "Cmc play".

And the quality drop-off don't need to be that big as we saw yesterday. And also, he would be more fresh when he actually are supposed to have the ball. So I hope they reduce CMC workload and in the end, his fatigue, would decrease alot and that I think is key to keep him healthy for years to come.

1 hour ago, PantherGuy said:

22 mph is absolutely insane. I actually run a lot, and I don't think I could do much more than 13-14 mph.

Well have you been an elite athlete for the last several years with like 6% body fat and the worlds best nutritionists and trainers? 

NFL players aren't necessarily your average joes running on the treadmill at the YMCA.

For comparison I'm at like 20% body fat and only been working out 4-6 days per week since June (which is still way more than the average American ).  10 MPH on the treadmill is a lot for me and I can't keep up that pace for more than 20 - 30 ish seconds. 

I mightve run faster outside doing sprints but its similar, I can only maintain them for about 20-30 seconds outside. Less time with every sprint b/c of getting winded.

Archived