• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video Analysis- What Happened to Kelvin Benjamin

App Panther

That knee injury combined with his mom passing just seemed to ruin him. By most accounts, he looked like the best player on the field during TC and joint practices when he tore his ACL. He probably wasn't going to be great long-term due to motivation issues, but I think he could've been a David Boston type. Great, but short-lived career

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That knee injury combined with his mom passing just seemed to ruin him. By most accounts, he looked like the best player on the field during TC and joint practices when he tore his ACL. He probably wasn't going to be great long-term due to motivation issues, but I think he could've been a David Boston type. Great, but short-lived career

I'm an FSU fan, and the same thing was said about him in college about his laziness. I just think he was someone that was gifted talently and just didn't want/have to work because his physical ability trumped most of the players he went against... until the NFL.

2 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I'm an FSU fan, and the same thing was said about him in college about his laziness. I just think he was someone that was gifted talently and just didn't want/have to work because his physical ability trumped most of the players he went against... until the NFL.

That is basically the theme of video. Equating Kelvin to a lottery winner (genetically) who blew all his winnings within 5 years. I thought it was an excellent analogy. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I had all but forgotten about David Boston but that is a great comparison.

I honestly felt for KB when he lost his mom having lost a parent myself but I will never understand why he went after Cam when it appears Cam was one of the few people who truly cared about him both on and off the field.

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

I honestly felt for KB when he lost his mom having lost a parent myself but I will never understand why he went after Cam when it appears Cam was one of the few people who truly cared about him both on and off the field.

Video does a good job dredging this back up and making Kelvin look like a clown for this. 

14 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

They both got derailed by a trifecta of motivation issues, weight issues, and knee issues. The third likely exacerbated by the second. KB's weight issues seemed primarily due to dietary discipline while Boston's weight issues were seemingly primarily due to him being more interested in being swole than trying to be in his best football shape as a WR.

Archived