• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4-0 But vs Who...

SetfreexX

It’s pretty hilarious how the Kyle Allen Fan Club thinks he’s the greatest thing since the wheel but would be blasting Cam and calling him trash if he was throwing for the same yardage and fumbling. 

Anyone who thinks Allen is better than a healthy Cam either is a Cam hater or knows zip about football

The “game manager” role isn’t really Kyle’s fault. With the way CMC and our defense is playing, it’s the role Norv has designed for him each game. I’m not in favor of putting a recently injured Cam back in the time up against the Niners front seven (especially if Little is still out). I say let Cam get his reps in practice if he is healthy and let’s use this Niners game as a test for Allen. If he lights it up against the Niners then sit back and enjoy having two great QBs on our roster.

8 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

It’s pretty hilarious how the Kyle Allen Fan Club thinks he’s the greatest thing since the wheel but would be blasting Cam and calling him trash if he was throwing for the same yardage and fumbling. 

Anyone who thinks Allen is better than a healthy Cam either is a Cam hater or knows zip about football

How many games has Cam had in a row without an interception, I bet it isn't more than 3. People need to get ready for the Cam era to end. I was one of his biggest fans but they have ran him in the ground. They have to make him a pocket passer and he is not that. It is time to let it go

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

I would argue that the ball has not been placed in his hands as of now, we can get by with the defense & CMC vs teams without playoff caliber quarterbacks. Only Watson among the last four QB's we've faced has playoff experience. 

Beating two rookie QB's (Murray / Minshew) and the real Jameis Wisnton showing up is not a lot to warrant the amount of hype / credit Kyle has received. I hope he's able to keep it up, but it's going to continue to be about the defense, and CMC producing like he is. 

Our roster overall is better than all of those teams, and may be a wash vs HOU where our defense saved us. And all credit to Kyle for that ONE pass. 

And I would argue that Cam Newton can't win without a good defense and run game. Congratulations. 

Remove the Panthers from all teams played, you have a hobbled Cam going 0 for 2 against a Rams and Bucs record of 3 - 6

The same for Allen, and you are 4 and 0 against ARI, HOU, JAX and TB with a collective record of 9 - 9 - 1

If you want to include personnel in that discussion, Cam was in with Williams in for LT.  Allen has been in with the team missing Short and Jackson and a shuffled OLine throughout.

If you want to go back to all of 2018, we can talk those numbers and personnel as well.

I we can't resurrect Cam from 2015, I want Allen in there instead.  I don't care who we're playing.  Do I think Allen in his current form gets us to the playoffs?  We'd have to have monster years continuing with our defense and running attack with the Saints (2x), 49ers, Packers and Seahawks coming up on our schedule.  Even then, the best I see us going is 1 win before an exit.

If Allen improves, then who knows?  The coming weeks will be telling.

2 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Well I guess we find out next game right?

then we have the Titans but then we have 

Green Bay.

so 2 of the next 4 are “good teams” with better records than us.

the plot thickens

honestly one of the most exciting seasons in a while for me.  so much intrigue and drama.   been some revelations.  been a helluva ride so far

Typical story from the Cam nut huggers....

We win games when Cam is qb....all because of Cam

We lose games when Cam is what....everyone’s fault but Cam

We win games when Cam is not qb....we won because of everyone except for who was playing qb

Cam was a weapon when he was a force in the run game....I am not sure even a healthy 30 yo Cam can or is willing to give up his body in that same way.  Take away him as a threat in the run game and Cam is mediocre at best qb.

5 minutes ago, raz said:

honestly one of the most exciting seasons in a while for me.  so much intrigue and drama.   been some revelations.  been a helluva ride so far

The one for me was Jax.

the whole last quarter was a  nail biter. Then the game is over, no it’s not, now it is, no it’s not,.. Luke finally making it dead.

that was almost better than watching Thor Tony and Cap fight Thanos, almost kill THOR and have Cap pick up the hammer,..

or the trial of Little Finger,.. wow.

not,... better,... than watching Jon make it to Ramsey and beat the daylights out of him—- like 4 seasons waiting for that.

if these teams beat us, they would have a winning record.  Houston AT HOUSTON was a big win.  This newb won his first three games---on the road.

5 wins---1 at home (including last year) any team would take 4 road wins in any season. 

4 road wins and 6 home wins gets you a playoff bid.

Archived