• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can someone who’s really watched the game...

trucpfan

2 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I love that combination do you think it’s a option for San Fran? I’d say GVR stays put I just feel especially after the the mic’d up episode he’s a key cog to our line.

Yeah that mic’d Up episode did shed some light on his value as an on field mentor to the rookies. Can’t dismiss that.

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I love that combination do you think it’s a option for San Fran? I’d say GVR stays put I just feel especially after the the mic’d up episode he’s a key cog to our line.

I doubt it. I think it's likely for next season but I think we stick with GVR unless he gets injured. Im

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Yeah that mic’d Up episode did shed some light on his value as an on field mentor to the rookies. Can’t dismiss that.

Yeah, regardless of talent level putting two rookies side by side on the OL is going to be tough on them doing things like negotiating stunts and identifying blitz pickups.

Ive heard form a couple "insiders" that SF has the best D-line in the NFL, they sure have spent lots of early draft picks there. 

Deforest Bucker is top ten DLman, he doesnt get the attention. 

Panthers will have two weeks to figure it out, I like the OL LG posted, but that maybe too soon. GVR has played well. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Best? Probably...

LT: Little

LG: Daley

C: Paradis

RG: Turner

RT: Moton

I think that's the long-term plan anyway.

This.  And I agree they have plans for Daley at LG for the future. Although if he keeps playing like this he is gonna make himself some big money at LT.  Little still has a higher ceiling IMO. 

I think Paradis has done a lot better the last few games.  He had a major injury and played next to no snaps in preseason, so he had to adjust back to game speed along with a somewhat revolving door along the offensive line.

It's really nice to finally have some depth at offensive line.  Can't praise Daley enough for how well he's stepped up the last couple of weeks in a situation that could have turned into a disaster.

Just now, Forty-Eight said:

Why do fans hate on GVR so much for no reason? GVR is not that bad of a RG. He plays his ass off every games

Maybe that explains it. He's good at pulling and marginal at everything else because he's trying to pull to get over to his RG spot after starting the play lined up at LG.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because honestly Van Roten hasn't played all that well. He's really good at pulling and leading, he's marginal at everything else. I doubt he's "ahead" of VR right now simply because I don't know how much they've put on his plate as a rookie. But, long-term? Yeah, I expect Daley is going to be penciled in somewhere - my guess is LG - going into next season.

Couldn't agree more

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Little honesty should be done for the season. I'm not sure why Williams can't go back to RT and Moton to the LT position. 

Why should he be done? I know concussions are serious but don’t see any reason it’s a season ending thing 

Archived