• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we land 2 capable LTs in the draft???

Matt62881

2 minutes ago, GreensboroPirate said:

electro's horse, the espn article you cited explicitly says Hurney tried to move up in the second round to draft Clausen, with no reference to trying to trade a first round pick

Yes, and what was he offering to do that you dipshit? NEXT YEARS FIRST. THIS IS WELL KNOWN

I'm not fuging doing any more work for you, especially when you're just throwing out horse poo. 

While this tweet seems to frame it as part of the Cam v Kyle debate (maybe indirectly), that's not how it should be looked at.  There was another important change that started Week 3 and has lead to a statistically significant improvement on the OL even while missing Trai.  I saw a good number of protection shifts and chips to help Daley against the Jags (haven't seen Tampa film nor did I look closely for Little) which is to be expected with Moton on the other side, but both Little and Daley's play is very encouraging so far in year one.

I was, and still am, a huge gettleman guy, but i'm starting to come around to the idea that Hurney 1.0's awful contracts were more related to being leaned on by JR wanting to run the team like a family retirement home than necessarily total poor judgement from the GM.  2.0 has certainly exceeded my expectations, though how much of this is his doing and not our excellent scouting department remains to be seen.

As it stands, 2.0 and Ron certainly deserve at least another year and depending on how they handle this offseason, a contract extension perhaps.

6 minutes ago, GreensboroPirate said:

Apparently you've never looked at a nfl trade value chart.   John Fox says in that same article you had difficult reading, they were looking into the 33th pick.

The cost for the Panthers to move down to 33 from 48 would be approximately a late 3rd, or early 4th round pick.  But I can understand if math is difficult for you.

Laughable to equate a 4th round pick with saying we tried to trade the Cam Newton pick to move up.

Trade value points to move up from 48 to 33 = 160

Trade value of the #1 pick in the draft = 30000

We had to give up #77 to move up from 47 to 37 this year. What makes you think you can move up 15 spots and higher at that for a 4th? Wake up son. 

Maybe we should go by what he traded for the 43rd pick(E. Brown) the year before. That would be a 1st round. Reality sux. 

47 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. --

Carolina Panthers general manager Marty Hurney spent much of Friday trying to move up in the draft to take Jimmy Clausen, a day after the Notre Dame quarterback was a surprising first-round snub.

Hurney couldn't strike a deal, however, and when Arizona traded up to the 47th slot -- one pick ahead of the Panthers -- Hurney acknowledged he was crushed, sure the Cardinals were going to take him.

"I could lie, but I won't," Hurney said.

https://www.espn.com/chicago/news/story?id=5130865

Norwell absolutely fell into his lap. No one says he didn't.

Who are you referencing? What are you talking about? You're just screaming into the fuging void. You're not arguing with anyone. You're making up things and taking stands against them. You are the absolute worst incarnation of every single message board stereotype that has ever dragged it's poo stained ass across this forum. You don't even know what you're talking about anymore. You've just been embarrassed by so many people from so many different angles you can't stop and now you're going to continue dragging your poo stained ass up the walls and all over the furniture until every single person gets tired of dealing with your ignorant, made up poo. 

Congrats. I'm done. Enjoy the little world you've created. You are the stupidest most insufferable person I've ever met on this forum. It's one thing to be wrong, which you are. It's another to create an entirely different world to do it from.

Damn was all that from the ESPN article? Harsh...those ESPN writers are getting more and more abrasive.

How did Daryl Williams end up getting the starting position to start the season is my question. Daley and Little both look world's better than Williams who was obviously out of position. Even Taylor Moton would have looked better. That was just a head scratcher. 

12 hours ago, electro's horse said:

And the contracts...we do? Did Richardson force him to make Chris Gamble the highest paid corner in the league?

Chris Gamble was absolutely worth the money. A top-tier, shutdown corner that everyone forgets about for some reason. He was very, very, very good.

19 hours ago, Bartin said:

I blame Jerry for a lot of what happened after 2010 with the contracts. He forced Hurney to slash payroll so he could look poor as the lead in the CBA negotiations then afterwards Hurney had to spend a ton of money to meet spending minimums on guys that were not worthy of those contracts. Not to say Hurney is at all blameless because he definitely shares in that blame but Jerry was a big part of it as well.

I think this spot on and worth repeating.

Archived