• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few simple truths! Hooray!

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

At least Panthers football is fun to watch again. The whole team is playing way better than anyone was ever going to give them credit for.

If Cam comes back, or if Cam doesn't, it's still going to be a wild ride and I think we could be a dangerous opponent for anyone in the league.

Yay Kyle! Yay Cam! Dang, look at those Panthers!

Yep, and I've actually been able to see them twice out here thanks to London.  Both Tampa games.  The first I wish I hadn't seen, but they looked like a completely different team from one to the other.  Somehow, they went from the Keystone Kops playing for draft position to a team that could compete for a solid playoff spot.  And only part of it was a healthy QB under center.

I posted part of this Sunday, but suddenly receivers received, runners ran, passes were completed, the front seven, especially the DL, sacked and tormented, and the secondary was not perfect but looked competent at covering.  I guess it sort of proves my theory about September: don't get hung up on how, just take the record and move onward.

45 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I don't think any reasonable person is disagreeing with what you said. Our ceiling is higher with cam. It's the people on here that think Allen is winning a super bowl and would rather have him over a healthy cam that are insane

I guess it has been so long since he was healthy, you can forgive people for forgetting and wondering if we will ever see that Cam again.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I guess it has been so long since he was healthy, you can forgive people for forgetting and wondering if we will ever see that Cam again.

If cam isn't healthy, then all of this is irrelevant. The only way they should pull Allen is if cam is healthy and ready to go

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If cam isn't healthy, then all of this is irrelevant. The only way they should pull Allen is if cam is healthy and ready to go

Just now, TheRed said:

The sad thing is I have no doubt that Kyle and Cam are supportive of each other. The QB room has always been tight knit. That doesn't change just because the media or agenda driven fans with nothing better to do have a narrative to push.

Go look at Kyles IG. They are really tight.

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Agreed. And waiting is really for Cam's sake.  If Cam struggles due to any reason, he will be on a short leash and everyone will write him off. Honestly this winning streak is the best thing that could happen. It takes a lot of pressure off Cam to return too soon.

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The sad thing is I have no doubt that Kyle and Cam are supportive of each other. The QB room has always been tight knit. That doesn't change just because the media or agenda driven fans with nothing better to do have a narrative to push.

I don't think this controversy exists among the players at all.

41 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Cam is injury prone now and will never play more than 8 games in a season ever again. TRADE HIM WHILE HE STILL HAS VALUE FFS!!!!!!!!!!! MULT TEAMS WOULD TRADE MULTIPLE FIRST ROUNDERS AS OF RN - ONE MORE INJURY AND YOU'D BE LUCKY TO GET A COMP PICK FOR CAM!!!!!!!!!

It's been the same injury the shoulder.. and now the foot that doesnt mean he is now fragile.. two completely separate freak injuries.. Cam has taken monstrous hits over the years.. how many have when seen Allen take? 0 we dont know if can take those same hit so why would u rush anything so stupid.

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

I don't think any reasonable person is disagreeing with what you said. Our ceiling is higher with cam. It's the people on here that think Allen is winning a super bowl and would rather have him over a healthy cam that are insane

There are far more people downplaying what he has done than people who actually believe he is better than Cam if both are at 100%. 

The whole thing of the debate for me honestly is that it's based in a lot of things that we not only don't know, but can't.

Is Cam Newton going to be fully healthy again? We don't know.

If he is healthy, will Cam Newton get back to his early 2018 form? We don't know.

How good can Kyle Allen potentially be? We don't know.

Hell, we can't even get people to agree on how good he is now. And either way, definitive statements  about how you absolutely know this or that after five games are silly.

Bottom Line: A whole lot of the debate becomes contentious because people are insisting they know things that can't possibly be known.

Archived