• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be Aware: Reid could cost us this game

ncsfinest21

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no it's to stop black people from being wholesale murdered by police

Which is caused more by prejudice as generalizations than simple racism.

There’s a bit more going through officer’s mind than ‘He’s black, shoot him’ when stuff like that goes down.

Either way there’s no difference in pointing at all cops as racist or corrupt and pointing at all black people as criminals.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to someone from the front office of the 49ers if they are on the fields for warm ups and talk to them or make a scene about it like he did in Philly with Jenkins...but during a game, he has no enemy per say in other players so I don't see him being an issue there. 

Just now, PanthersBigD said:

Tell that to Atatiana Jefferson and Botham Jean. 

I said ‘more’ not all cases. Complex situations are not defined by one or two examples in the same sense a person’s race isn’t either.

But I know it’s much easier to blanket everything and complain.

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

I said ‘more’ not all cases. Complex situations are not defined by one or two examples in the same sense a person’s race isn’t either.

But I know it’s much easier to blanket everything and complain.

Yeah, that's what Reid is doing, complaining. Go try your BS somewhere else. 

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, we have seen Reid get hot headed and lose his cool and commit some dumb penalties in the past but we haven't seen that from him lately. I'm not really concerned about it.

This game comes down to our ability to stop their running game and taking care of the football IMO.

That stuff doesn't concern me much either.

His tendency toward sh-tty tackling kinda does, though.

Since this seems to have taken a left/right turn....here’s hoping that Reid invites Kap to the game and gives him a bloody Panthers game worn jersey to wear.

Would actually be an unbelievable tribute to him if ALL of the team knelt for the anthem.  Won’t happen, but the gesture would “stand “ for justice for ALL.

43 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I strongly disagree... You get the same emotion that Reid has to facing his former team just as you did with McCoy and any other player facing their former team feeling they have something to prove. I think it's disrespectful to say that Reid could cost us the game. Reid has been a solid player for us and deserves to be treated that way,  especially by fans of his team!

Ayyyyy, someone gets it.

1 hour ago, ncsfinest21 said:

I like Eric Reid but he is known for doing a little too much at times and costing us some 3 and outs dues to personals fouls. Amid his recent interview he said he didnt forget what the 49ers did. He said its not revenge. But seeing him saying He didnt forget  pretty states yea its revenge. I just hope he keeps his head out his butt and plays solid.

Okay, I’m aware. Could you explain how Reid is materially different from any other player playing his former team? Yes, he had some incidents last year where his temper got the best of him, but has shown no signs of any such lack of emotional control this year.

One of my pet peeves is when a player says x publicly and then people do their own mental gymnastics without any solid proof or reasoning, just innuendo and distortion to come to a conclusion that is the opposite of x.

I swear to dog if any one of our players publicly announced he loves blueberry muffins, somebody on these forums would find a way to declare that he actually can’t stand them.

What exactly is so hard or unreasonable about taking a man at his word until you have a solid concrete reason to believe otherwise?

Archived