• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen and his fumbling issues.

ellis

3 minutes ago, ellis said:

I just never saw that take, that the team should dump Newton for Kyle Allen, from a credible piece of reporting. Are we talking about like the first take shows? If so, those don’t count. If there’s a segment of Twitter fans that were calling for that, again, I’m not putting stock into that. I follow reasonable people like Greg Cosell, Matt Bowen, Pat Kirwan. A few others as well, but not too many. And I guarantee you, any show that was proclaiming Kyle Allen as the heir apparent to Newton was nothing I was within a million miles of

I feel like this was either directly or indirectly stated in all aspects.  Twitter, Analysts, General Population (here for example).  The media and reporters constantly talked about a "QB Controversy" in Carolina.  Even during KA's fumbling.  There is only a "QB Controversy" if you think KA could have supplanted a 100% healthy Cam.

Not even referring to the "lets say something outrageous" talk shows just trying to piss people off for views/clicks.  But I saw masses of people in all stages seriously doubting if a 100% health Cam should be able to start over a KA.  Because "all Allen does is win".

When I hear people bashing KA's early fumbles, I heard that mostly from the General Population (fans on twitter, here, etc).  Not from actual analysts, or anyone "legit" saying that KA can't be a franchise QB at some point in the future because of his fumbling.  So I guess, to a degree, when your post is about battling the misconceptions of KA's future based on his fumbling I just assumed you were referring to the statements being made by the General Population.  Just because thats the only place I ever saw it seriously mentioned.

7 minutes ago, ellis said:

I just never saw that take, that the team should dump Newton for Kyle Allen, from a credible piece of reporting. Are we talking about like the first take shows? If so, those don’t count. If there’s a segment of Twitter fans that were calling for that, again, I’m not putting stock into that. I follow reasonable people like Greg Cosell, Matt Bowen, Pat Kirwan. A few others as well, but not too many. And I guarantee you, any show that was proclaiming Kyle Allen as the heir apparent to Newton was nothing I was within a million miles of.

It was probably a handful of people on the huddle, maybe, that at best suggest Kyle should keep his job had the Panthers kept winning. But even ex players suggested that. Anyone who suggested Kyle is better than Cam at full health trolled the fug out of those dudes so bad they fell off the deep end and have now suffered mentally and emotionally for it to a point of no return. That's on them.

The internet, today however, people feel the need to dramatize by saying "everyone" or "so many people" when in actuality it was more like a handful just to make their points valid, or at least sound valid.

It’s all good. Hell, it’s not an easy situation for everybody to get a handle on. That’s what makes it a fascinating few weeks ahead. I want him to play some great football so the team can get some wins. I’m not worried about him shutting up any critics, or any other preferably shoes. Do your job and get some wins.

54 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Allen has done better his last couple of games irt fumbling.  Hope its a trend and not an aberration.  

I think the 49ers DC was right.  Some of them weren't really him being careless.  They just are gonna happen.  Bad luck for a QB.  Cam or Allen....we have had some defenders get in quick on the QB.  Some fumbles in the pocket just aren't going to be the QBs fault really.  

No doubt some were Allen's fault and he seems to of addressed some basic security as he moves around.   

1 hour ago, Call Me James said:

A turnover is a turnover.  We rightfully criticize The GOAT Panther QB in Newton when his turnovers put the game in question and ask him to do better. 

Everyone has admitted the fumbles were a problem and it's something Allen has worked on. 

Tom Brady jumped to the next level when he limited his turnovers and increased his touchdown output. 

So when people say Kyle Allen needs to score more touchdowns and have less turnovers if he wants to be a franchise QB they are absolutely right. 

cool.  But Delhomme and Brady didn't turn it around from start 5 to start 7.  They both were turning it over a lot their first 3 YEARS. 

Yes, Allen needs to score more and give it away less.  Allen is still a 23 year old kid making start 7.   He is still seeing things and trying things for the first time.  Just a weird microscope people are trying to put on him. 

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yes, Allen needs to score more and give it away less.  Allen is still a 23 year old kid making start 7.   He is still seeing things and trying things for the first time.  Just a weird microscope people are trying to put on him. 

I completely agree here.

15 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

dude's the definition of a JAG. it's not trashing him to say that any more than it's trashing ray ray mccloud to say that but i've been seeing that phrasing a LOT here lately. i'm "trashing" kyle allen. 

well, you are comparing Kyle Allen to Ray Ray McCloud... a player that was so bad he was cut... so I have no idea why anyone would think you might be knocking Allen at all

17 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

well, you are comparing Kyle Allen to Ray Ray McCloud... a player that was so bad he was cut... so I have no idea why anyone would think you might be knocking Allen at all

You do realize Kyle Allen was cut (twice if we are keeping count) last season as well, right? Once by us, then by the QB starved Jets. 

lol

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

...you do realize we are talking about Kyle Allen in 2019 and not 2018, right?

Your point was Ray Ray was so bad he was cut.

Kyle Allen was also so bad that he was cut.

Perhaps Ray Ray will get his shot to shine in 2020. Better go ahead and pick him up in your keeper leagues!

agree with GJBC. Allen and Ray Ray are JAGs.

2 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Your point was Ray Ray was so bad he was cut.

Kyle Allen was also so bad that he was cut.

Perhaps Ray Ray will get his shot to shine in 2020. Better go ahead and pick him up in your keeper leagues!

agree with GJBC. Allen and Ray Ray are JAGs.

so wait, you think players skill levels are immutable? lol

I wouldn't bet on Kyle Allen in 2018 and I wouldn't plan to build my team around him now.  But I think it is ridiculous to claim the two are the same level of player right now.

obviously Ray Ray could improve in the future.  He could turn into the best player in the f'ing universe, but I doubt it.  Either way, it is just ridiculous to say "Ray Ray and Allen are the same kind of player", given that one is performing at a high enough level to keep his job and the other did the exact opposite.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

so wait, you think players skill levels are immutable? lol

I wouldn't bet on Kyle Allen in 2018 and I wouldn't plan to build my team around him now.  But I think it is ridiculous to claim the two are the same level of player right now.

obviously Ray Ray could improve in the future.  He could turn into the best player in the f'ing universe, but I doubt it.  Either way, it is just ridiculous to say "Ray Ray and Allen are the same kind of player", given that one is performing at a high enough level to keep his job and the other did the exact opposite.

JAGs

Archived