• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the "League" Trying to screw Kap again?

Snake

If you watched it, yes he has a big arm there is no denying it, but his deep throws were all over the place. Many over and underthrows. Reminded me of Allen actually. He ended it with two good ones that were in stride but the 10 or so prior were varying degrees of bad with several being really bad.

He really isn’t any different than the guy he was before. Except it is likely he lost some athleticism at his age and can’t run quite as well as he used to. He’s a low end starter or high end backup with no real upside potential. He is 32 so he is what he is.

18 minutes ago, rodeo said:

i mentioned in another thread, my biggest takeaway from it besides the fact that yes, his arm looked great, was just how calm and comfortable he looked. he was smooth and relaxed. didn't force anything, wasn't tense and anxious.

It was a scripted walk through essentially, how else would you expect him to perform?

Bear in mind Favre was hitting throws nicely well after he was effective in game. This shows that he hasn't forgotten how to throw and has enough arm strength to get the ball down field on a wide open target. Bullets start flying, everything changes.

Pat McAfee expressed it well when talking about The Golden Calf of Bristol and Manziel as a comparison. Is Kaep good enough to start over some guys currently getting starts? Yeah, probably. Even after this hiatus. Now, the issue is he is going to be brought in most likely in a backup role. Do you want your backup QB to be generating this media frenzy where every player is interviewed looking for their take on his signing. The Golden Calf of Bristol won a playoff game, was never especially good, but was a good enough athlete that teams wanted to sign him...but the hysteria wasn't worth it. Not The Golden Calf of Bristol's fault, just what it was.

Kaep comes with that baggage/distraction. Is it worth it to a team to sign him despite that clear truth? If you're the bears or something? I think maybe. I honestly want him signed so we can put this crap to bed. Either he balls out and everybody shuts up or he sucks and everybody shuts up.

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Owners aren't scared. They're making business decisions. Any team that signs CK is going to have to deal with the circus that he is going to bring with him. It will come down to one thing. Is what he brings to the team worth all the other stuff that comes with him? This isnt just about talent. 

There will be a circus for two weeks then the world will move on.

Archived