• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mandalorian

Ja  Rhule

It's great, but 27 minute episodes (8 total) is not cool.    I can't help but feel the bait and switch with subscribers who probably expected a full season like Netflix not an extended movie.   I hope it was just the first week since it was two episodes so we'll see.     Other than that, quality of the show is high.  

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

It's great, but 27 minute episodes (8 total) is not cool.    I can't help but feel the bait and switch with subscribers who probably expected a full season like Netflix not an extended movie.   I hope it was just the first week since it was two episodes so we'll see.     Other than that, quality of the show is high.  

I had no idea the second episode was so short it felt much longer to me

It really does look and feel like the original Star Wars, and it's great to see the Mandalorian image taken down a notch every time he's getting his butt kicked and needs some assistance. Finding out that Jawas were a galactic problem and not just a Tattooine problem was interesting, but the scenes all around the sandcrawler were a geek dream come true. The episodes are short but so full of detail you can watch then a couple more times and still enjoy them.

Man, I am LOVING it!  I'm watching the episodes multiple time and picking up new details.  There is so much depth in each scene.  Like looking at the costumes, the tools, the atmosphere.  It's such a great show!

I like that it's a pretty simple premise - Bounty Hunting.  Then you add the first big surprise, and it's not an immediate change, it's going to be gradual.  I am having so much fun because there's not the bloat and filler you get in many shows.  They just GO which is great!

I've only just started but I'm very happy. They did exactly what I hoped they would do but never imagined they would have the balls to do. They didn't make a "Star Wars" show, they made a show set in the Star Wars universe that explores a different part of it within the format of a different genre. If it weren't for the odd Gonk droid or R2 unit popping into frame, it could be any SciFi universe.

Mandalorian is a Western set in space, which is just amazing. I love genre-blending, and if you're making a show that pays homage to Boba Fett, it simply HAS to be a western. Boba Fett was based on the Man with No Name, and Ben Burtt, the Star Wars sound designer, added the sound of Spurs Jangling when he walked in the Cloud City scenes.

image.png.e8fdfa2628a460235e08c3b0ce865d43.png

So a story of a lone gunslinger getting into adventures in the seedy frontiers of the Star Wars universe is exactly what the show needed to be.

And I can't believe that's exactly what the show is.

I got little kid chills watching the first episode. Can't wait to see more!

Archived