• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's really clear Buffalo striped us of our talent.

Snake

On 11/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

These refs are trying hard. Emphatically signalling TD and that wasn't even close. LOL!

On 11/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, electro's horse said:

so on that Gallop catch, the ref appropriately near it immediately signaled incomplete before another asshole just ran in and said TD, probably because he had the NFL pager on. 

On 11/28/2019 at 4:59 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Guy looks like a jackass coming on all emphatically like that when it wasn't even close. 

I was going to comment on this in the thread praising Boger's accomplishments.  In my eyes, that play summed up the problem with officiating in the NFL.  Among the things that replay showed was the Line Judge who screwed it up had a perfect, unobstructed angle to see the feet and the sideline and he still not only bollixed it, but emphatically overrode the Field Judge without even talking to him to do so.

Normally, you can see on the replay how an official missed something, usually bodies getting between the play and them at the critical moment.  Not on this play.  And the exception is Boger, who is perfectly capable of missing call without being screened off of them.

The league created this kind of mess by first instructing officials to "officiate to instant replay" instead them calling the game and using it as a tool to correct grossly inaccurate calls (like this one).  They then compounded it by telling them things like they would discipline anybody who failed to throw a flag on a play that subsequent review indicated was a roughing the passer.  That builds the mindset of anticipating the outcome of a play, rather than just observing it and making the call.  The anticipation thing happens to the best of them sometimes, but it is a habit an official does not want to develop. 

I pretty much made a smart remark to the TV on the play in Dallas, mumbled "nothing has changed," and turned on something else.

16 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I was going to comment on this in the thread praising Boger's accomplishments.  In my eyes, that play summed up the problem with officiating in the NFL.  Among the things that replay showed was the Line Judge who screwed it up had a perfect, unobstructed angle to see the feet and the sideline and he still not only bollixed it, but emphatically overrode the Field Judge without even talking to him to do so.

Normally, you can see on the replay how an official missed something, usually bodies getting between the play and them at the critical moment.  Not on this play.  And the exception is Boger, who is perfectly capable of missing call without being screened off of them.

The league created this kind of mess by first instructing officials to "officiate to instant replay" instead them calling the game and using it as a tool to correct grossly inaccurate calls (like this one).  They then compounded it by telling them things like they would discipline anybody who failed to throw a flag on a play that subsequent review indicated was a roughing the passer.  That builds the mindset of anticipating the outcome of a play, rather than just observing it and making the call.  The anticipation thing happens to the best of them sometimes, but it is a habit an official does not want to develop. 

I pretty much made a smart remark to the TV on the play in Dallas, mumbled "nothing has changed," and turned on something else.

Well, someone on that Bears/Lions crew from yesterday is gonna get crucified. He was standing about 15 feet away with a clear view when Trubisky took a heat seeking helmet missile directly to the head. Upon further review, there was a second ref a little further away but also with a perfect view and looking right at the hit. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, someone on that Bears/Lions crew from yesterday is gonna get crucified. He was standing about 15 feet away with a clear view when Trubisky took a heat seeking helmet missile directly to the head. Upon further review, there was a second ref a little further away but also with a perfect view and looking right at the hit. 

Wasn't that Boger's crew?

No real surprise there, is it?

Archived