• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton plans to have foot surgery

SgtJoo

10 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

Not to trying to start anything but you just said that none of us know what the doctor said then you come back with “it’s pretty much guaranteed that’s what the dr said”

i gotcha, but now that he's having surgery we can safely surmise he was not told surgery was not recommended.  cam has tried to heal things 'holistically' his whole career.   he doesn't have a science background.  he's more of a magical thinker.  i'm guessing his kids aren't vaccinated.  

I have been posting here for about 15 years and I have never seen so much toxicity and lack of hope.  I remember the days of Tommy Jone and BJDJS, but the negative and cynical comments are way worse now, especially directed towards one player.  

Say what you will about Reddit, but it seems the majority of the perspective there (minus game threads) is thought out, reasoned, and non-personal.  

I thought Igo was just pushing the negative Cam stuff to drive some traffic, which is fine, but it seems to have emboldened the truly vile posters here. 

2 minutes ago, PantherBrew said:

I have been posting here for about 15 years and I have never seen so much toxicity and lack of hope.  I remember the days of Tommy Jone and BJDJS, but the negative and cynical comments are way worse now, especially directed towards one player.  

Say what you will about Reddit, but it seems the majority of the perspective there (minus game threads) is thought out, reasoned, and non-personal.  

I thought Igo was just pushing the negative Cam stuff to drive some traffic, which is fine, but it seems to have emboldened the truly vile posters here. 

Worse than the days with Jimmy the Pickle? 

2 minutes ago, raz said:

i gotcha, but now that he's having surgery we can safely surmise he was not told surgery was not recommended.  cam has tried to heal things 'holistically' his whole career.   he doesn't have a science background.  he's more of a magical thinker.  i'm guessing his kids aren't vaccinated.  

Oh ok. That’s true. I heard about that holistic approach but with modern medicine/breakthroughs , those that need it medical attention should definitely take that path. Who am I to judge? I read Steve Jobs bio and he was kind of the same way and put off surgery which could have saved His life. He ended up electing to do it but. It’s sad. Sorry didn’t mean to veer off the path. Just using an example 

1 minute ago, SpeedOFLight said:

Oh ok. That’s true. I heard about that holistic approach but with modern medicine/breakthroughs , those that need it medical attention should definitely take that path. Who am I to judge? I read Steve Jobs bio and he was kind of the same way and put off surgery which could have saved His life. He ended up electing to do it but. It’s sad. Sorry didn’t mean to veer off the path. Just using an example 

i completely don't understand how superstitious some really smart people are. 

He won't be close to recovered come March.

Typical lis franc surgeries require the first 6-12 weeks in a cast or boot with no weight bearing at all. This puts him into January-February before he can even begin putting the slightest weight on it, let alone walking around. Follow this with another 6-12 weeks of rehab and strength training to lose the atrophy and regain leg strength and you're into April.

I don't follow salary cap stuff that much, so what's the date the team needs to make a decision on him with regard to a cap hit?  

10 minutes ago, PantherBrew said:

So people are 'vile' for not wanting to resign a player that cant stay healthy, has played 2 games and lost in 2 years and has accuracy issues and can no longer run the ball effectlively? 

I honestly cant wait for us to move on so that the "everyone is holding cam back" crowd follow him to another team. The tace baiting here is beyond stupid. Cam will never be the player he was ever again. Why cant some leople accept that the injuries have taken their toll?

11 minutes ago, PantherBrew said:

Lol, ahh, who could forget the Tommy Jone/BJDJS era.  Good times (and yet, bad times lol).  But yup, this is about as uncertain as times have ever been aside from the aforementioned.

As far as Reddit, I'm in my mid-30s and pretty tech-oriented, but man, I find it awfully hard to navigate and figure out lol.

Archived