• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas

Cam's New Arm

17 hours ago, t96 said:

Still very young and learning. TE is one of the hardest positions to get adjusted to in the NFL and Ian’s blocking lol needs some work. He’s definitely an exciting young piece though and the future starter once Greg hangs them up, possibly next year... 

Yeah it took Travis Kelce 3 years before he was really great and Thomas could be good but he's not Kelce. 

1 minute ago, Dunn said:

how do you know he can't be...like you said it took Kelce 3 years.

It did not take Kelce 3 years.  He had 800 yards and 5 TDs in his second season, with only 87 targets and 11 starts.  Plus Kelce is just a better athlete

Thomas will still be really good though 

Olsen catches everything. Thomas let a great "would be catch" bounce up in the air for INT. I like Thomas and think he will be a very good TE in the future as he learns, but don't knock Olsen as we should have been playing Thomas over Olsen and it has nothing to with Ron liking vets. Stupid comments. Olsen is better (even though a step slower) and Thomas will be good one day. 

With Olsen in the line up as your pass catching TE (and he is one of the best to play the position ever) and the need for blocking from either Manhertz or Armah, it's pretty easy to see how Ian had been left on the bench. 

You just can't afford to keep a healthy(ish) Olsen off the field and I can't understand why either Manhertz or Armah isn't on the field for every offensive snap considering our blocking issues. Olsen being unable to answer the bell was the only way Ian was going to get any real game experience. And he played like a guy who still needs some seasoning. Then again, even Olsen wasn't great when he first entered the league.. he had to take a couple of years and then get a chance (luckily that chance came with us).

17 minutes ago, musicman said:

Olsen catches everything. Thomas let a great "would be catch" bounce up in the air for INT. I like Thomas and think he will be a very good TE in the future as he learns, but don't knock Olsen as we should have been playing Thomas over Olsen and it has nothing to with Ron liking vets. Stupid comments. Olsen is better (even though a step slower) and Thomas will be good one day. 

Olsen clearly better but that shouldn't be an excuse not to have Ian in the game if he's matched up with a Lb it's a mismatch can never have to many of those on the field 

2 hours ago, musicman said:

Thomas was behind Manhertz. Yes, Ron loves his vets.

20 hours ago, Krovvy said:

This is my biggest problem with Ron, playing his vets over talented players.

I do not think Manhertz will be on an NFL roster next season.

Hopefully this will change the vet loyalty and start playing the talent we have. Who knows. With the talent we have just may be elite players in time and just what we needed after all these years of mediocrity.

Archived