• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My 10 “Moments of the Decade”

ellis

I usually don’t like lists. But it’s in NYE, and the decade ends tonight. Felt like an appropriate time to do this. 

There’s a thread on Twitter if you wanna check it out. Might bring back some good memories. Might make you mad that a few plays or players are missing. 

These are my 10 favorite of the decade. 

McCaffrey is not on the list. When I think back to his career so far, he’s been amazing. That goes without saying. But I couldn’t think of one particular moment that would stand out as an all-time decades moment. At least in terms of impactful moment in a game situation. If I do this list in 10 more years, he’ll probably take up the whole list. 

14 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I wish you would have included the 1st down against the falcons where he drags about 7 of them and will not be denied. Then the 'Wheel route' play against the packers. Both get me pumped every time I see them. 

If it was a top 15 list, they probably would’ve made it. So many damn great moments to choose from.

Awesome list.  

I prob have #3 as my #1. That night was more like a rock concert than it was like any football game I’ve ever attended.   And I’ve been to A LOT of rock concerts and A LOT of football games.   Cam Newton was Pete Townshend, guitar in hand, doing windmills in front of 75k roaring fans!!!

The next morning I had red velvet pancakes at Stacks in Matthews.  It was a magical 24 hrs.  

happy New Year, Ellis.  I have enjoyed the F^CK out of your work.  And so have my friends.  

CHEERS!!  And Keep Pounding!!!  

Archived