• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Cam Newton now (he says reluctantly)

Mol3m4n

A preface to this short post: I am one of the largest Cam supporters in the world. From my posting history, I have been positive in all regards. 

With this being said, today is obviously a signal to a rebuild. The Panthers offensive and defensive line are both in tatters, the is a hole in the middle of our defense, and the secondary is lacking. 

The topic that I wish to discuss is trading Cam Newton and getting a first round pick. Is it plausible that Cam would garner that much? Would you risk a healthy Cam with a bad surrounding cast, or would it be logical to build other positions in the draft and draft Trevor Lawrence in next year's draft? 

(TLDR I know, another trade Cam thread. This one relates more to the specific of what is a good trade price, and is it worth it if you get Lawrence. )

Just now, saX man said:

You'd have to think Denver, SD, Chicago, and a few other teams would be willing to fork over a lot.  It's the reality of the situation.  Cam wants to win now if he's healthy.  This team is officially blown up so I see something happening.

This is my feeling as well. 

Just now, Snake said:

Welp we should at least entertain the idea at this point. We need to get young because this isn't going to be a sprint. 

Well, if Cam doesn't return, I am fully expecting to be a cellar dweller for a long time. To be quite honest, I am kind of getting the feeling like Rhule won't be here for the culmination of whatever this is supposed to be. 

I guess all these "Tank for Trevor" guys are about to get their wish. 

Archived