• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Honors - Discussion Thread

Mr Mojo Risin

51 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

yea they force fed him HEAVY this year. I'm not complaining him and Godwin helped win me my fantasy league this year lol.

I know opinions will be biased but if ya'll had to choose who had the better season?

2019 MVP Lamar Jackson VS. 2015 MVP Cam Newton

Jackson Passing: 265/401 66.1% completion 3,127 passing yards 36 TDs 6 INT Sacked 23 times

Jackson Rushing: 176 Carries 1,206 Yards 6.9 AVG 7 TDS 8 Fumbles

Record: 14-2

Newton Passing: 296/495 59.8% completion 3,509 Yards 35 TDs 10 INTs Sacked 33 times

Newton Rushing: 132 Carries 636 Yards 4.8 AVG 10 TDs 4 Fumbles

Record: 15-1

Jackson. Not really close. Both were great seasons. Teams overall were comparable, 2015 panther and 2019 raven offensive lines were nearly identical stat wise. Still Jackson did more with less experience.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Look at it this way. Our guys may not have won the awards, but with Steve Harvey on stage they still might get announced as the winners.

Not sure it really matters, but an OPOY award could drive McC’s price up if only a little bit... only positive to him not winning that I can think of.

Michael Thomas  REC 149  Yards 1725  AVG 11.5 9 TD's

Comparing our own 2005 Season

Steve Smith REC 103 Yards 1563  AVG 15.2 12 TD's

Smith was obviously not force fed nearly as much as Thomas ( not Thomas's fault, dude is a beast and catches everything thrown to him ) with all that said, smith had 46 LESS Receptions but was only 162 Yards away from having the same yards as Thomas ( literally 12 more catches for Steve with his average, which was nearly 4 yards better per reception ).  

Id argue that 2005 Smith had a better season, no matter about the receptions.  Now line him up with McCaffrey's seasons who had THIRD all time Scrimmage yards only behind the great Marshall Faulk and Chris Johnson.  Third player in NFL History with 1000 / 1000 and 10 more Total TD's.  As Tupac said to Bugaboo after he asked for his basketball jersey in "Above the Rim", IS THIS A JOKE???!!!!????!!!  Somebody tell me this is a fuggin joke?!?????

11 minutes ago, Wolfpredator said:

I literally laughed out loud when I saw Thomas won OPOTY.  Dude had a great season, no one is denying that but McCaffrey had one of the best seasons of all time by any running back, like ever.  What a fuggin joke. 

Yep. And his “record” isn’t even that impressive.... Yards and TDs matter, not catches. His YPC is putrid for a #1 receiver.

Archived