• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Are Trading OL Trai Turner To LAC For LT Russell Okung

bobsfoodbasics

45 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

And a day later Jason peters and Trent becomes available . Lol hurn dawg never fail 

Peters has actually had injury history.  He tore his ACL and MCL in 2017 when he was 35 and he is 38 now.  Williams would cost more in the trade department and in terms of money he wants for a new deal.  Tuner, straight up, would have not gotten us Williams and he is looking for a new contract that averages at least $20 million a year.  Williams also has not played a full season since 2013.  Williams is better than Okung I don't know if a 38 year old Peters is.

48 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Peters has actually had injury history.  He tore his ACL and MCL in 2017 when he was 35 and he is 38 now.  Williams would cost more in the trade department and in terms of money he wants for a new deal.  Tuner, straight up, would have not gotten us Williams and he is looking for a new contract that averages at least $20 million a year.  Williams also has not played a full season since 2013.  Williams is better than Okung I don't know if a 38 year old Peters is.

You said all that and it still was a bad trade . If we even had got a 7th rd pick i would’ve been more okay with it . But we did a straight up trade for an older guy when we had all the leverage . It’s not that hard but boy does this front office make it hard . 

Confident Ron would have traded Turner for Williams. He loves his guys. Williams is a monster when healthy. Possibly the best LT in football. However his contract would have reflected it. But if we're really only going for a 1 year rental, Williams would have been a HUGE pick up for 2020.

5 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Lol Hurney getting robbed yet again. 

When owners around the league talk about how much they like Hurney and  think the Panthers should definitely stick with him this is why. 

What a dumbass. 

You know, I recently saw a report about how the Browns owners are learning this. They said they’ve spent years asking for advice from other owners etc, but have started to realize that no one is really going to help them. The quote made me think other owners have been purposely giving the Haslams bad advice. I immediately thought of Hurn and Tepper when I read it.

The Los Angeles Chargers committed highway robbery. At least, that was the popular sentiment following their swap of Russell Okung for Trai Turner. After all, Turner has been recognized as one of the best guards in football in each of the past five seasons, earning nominations to the Pro Bowl in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Okung, on the other hand, has made just two Pro Bowls in his 10-year career, prompting the question of why the Panthers would make the deal for the lesser and older player straight up. 

That’s not to say Okung is the better player. Turner has finished four of the past five seasons (excluding 2019) ranked higher among right guards than Okung ranked among left tackles in overall grade. The gap is not as large as some have made it appear, though. Okung has been a borderline top-10 left tackle in three of his past four full seasons; he missed much of this past year after suffering a pulmonary embolism caused by blood clots in the offseason. 

Tackles of this caliber aren’t easy to find. The Panthers finished the 2019 season with the 29th-ranked left tackle group as a team — a group that was split between Dennis Daley, Greg Little and Daryl Williams — so Okung fills a need and figures to be an immediate upgrade across from Taylor Moton

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-its-time-to-stop-using-pro-bowl-appearances-to-grade-trades

On 3/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

The Los Angeles Chargers committed highway robbery. At least, that was the popular sentiment following their swap of Russell Okung for Trai Turner. After all, Turner has been recognized as one of the best guards in football in each of the past five seasons, earning nominations to the Pro Bowl in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Okung, on the other hand, has made just two Pro Bowls in his 10-year career, prompting the question of why the Panthers would make the deal for the lesser and older player straight up. 

That’s not to say Okung is the better player. Turner has finished four of the past five seasons (excluding 2019) ranked higher among right guards than Okung ranked among left tackles in overall grade. The gap is not as large as some have made it appear, though. Okung has been a borderline top-10 left tackle in three of his past four full seasons; he missed much of this past year after suffering a pulmonary embolism caused by blood clots in the offseason. 

Tackles of this caliber aren’t easy to find. The Panthers finished the 2019 season with the 29th-ranked left tackle group as a team — a group that was split between Dennis Daley, Greg Little and Daryl Williams — so Okung fills a need and figures to be an immediate upgrade across from Taylor Moton

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-its-time-to-stop-using-pro-bowl-appearances-to-grade-trades

Just read this as well. Makes me feel better about the trade. 

Archived