• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell "Injury Prone" Okung missed 12 out of 48 Regular Season games for Chargers.

Rags

Blood clots in the lungs is serious poo, kills nearly 100k each year. Ive seen it first hand.

I doubt any team, well except the panthers would be willing to sign Okung at 13,500,000 for the up coming season. But here we are. 

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Blood clots in the lungs is serious poo, kills nearly 100k each year. Ive seen it first hand.

I doubt any team, well except the panthers would be willing to sign Okung at 13,500,000 for the up coming season. But here we are. 

Actually the condition is very treatable if caught before permanent damage is done and the vast majority of folks  resume normal lives which are controlled by medication. No reason to think this should hamper him or reoccur.

17 hours ago, t96 said:

Injury prone labels can quickly be forgotten... Look at Luke. Missed 8 games 2015-16 and then only 1 game the last 3 years with two straight 16 game seasons.

Being injury prone is almost like the chicken or the egg dilemma--did the injury cause the second injury? Does it change the mindset, making you less aggressive?  Does your body simply start showing signs of wearing down, after a career in high school and college? it is likely that the athlete is simply surviving an obstacle course that beats down his body until he loses his skill set, speed, desire, etc.

I can only share what I know--in college, I had to have major surgery on my shoulder.  It took a year to rehab it and make it almost as strong as it was.  I needed a second surgery a year later--just the thought of going through that again made me nauseous -- I had 2 years of eligibility left and would spend another year rehabbing a shoulder back to a shadow of what it once was--heck, I was struggling to compete when 100% healthy.  Mentally (and probably physically) I was done.  I am sure some of you have better stories than that.

On 3/5/2020 at 5:14 PM, Basbear said:

So you think that they wouldn't check on this in the physical?

2 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

So you think that they wouldn't check on this in the physical?

Im sure they will, he played after it happened. He was supposed to be passed the issue, Ive seen it first hand and the effects. While Okung isnt a old-man, thats where the deaths and huge problems hit hard. Hes still a 330 LB guy that had a clot issue, not good. People with this dont get enough oxygen thought-out the body and especially to the brain. So you get tired faster and at times you have "brain fog". Your decision making and problem reasoning goes to near zero. It can come back after its 'fixed" too. 

Besides the trade/physical can not happen til the "new" football year starts. New OL coach was the driving force along with turner wanting a new contract(Im not buying that).

Archived