• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let LA Be a Reminder Of Rebranding.....

Soul Rebel

Image result for rams new logo

Y-I-K-E-S!!!

I am in for an overhaul of our logo and uniforms as much as the next guy, but lately it seems like consulting firms "miss" more than they "hit" on successful logos/rebrands.

The Rams.... or is it the Chargers.... or is it a Donald Trump combover. 

This year has been eagerly anticipated by their fanbase only to have this released ahead of their new stadium opening. Ouch!!

Thoughts??

It's also about finding the right way to execute a rebrand. 

I'd prefer teams to treat it like an RFP process where they select 3-4 finalist that are then decided upon by both the stakeholder(s) and the greater community. 

Tbh, our logo isn’t good. We’ve just had it (or some variant) for so long that no one really thinks about it.

It’s impossible to please everyone with any kind of graphic design project. Everyone’s tastes are so different.

21 minutes ago, davos said:

It's also about finding the right way to execute a rebrand. 

I'd prefer teams to treat it like an RFP process where they select 3-4 finalist that are then decided upon by both the stakeholder(s) and the greater community. 

I’ve been involved in rebrands before. I guarantee their agency submitted hundreds of designs and went through 6-7 rounds of feedback at least. Unfortunately, this is what design by committee gets you sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't have an artistic bone in my body and that looks like something I'd cook up if you asked me to design a logo. That's straight trash.

Yeah, it's like they took a basic font, made it bold/italic and then layered arcs of yellow over the right half of an A. Seems rather basic for a firm being paid millions of dollars on a highly anticipated logo in a market like LA. 

5 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Yeah, it's like they took a basic font, made it bold/italic and then layered arcs of yellow over the right half of an A. Seems rather basic for a firm being paid millions of dollars on a highly anticipated logo in a market like LA. 

It's like someone said, "Yep! Nailed the font! Now just give the "A" a flowing golden mullet and we're there!"

Archived